Organization : Baan Dek Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Oct 2017
View : 1356
Deadline : 31 / October / 2017
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Mobile App Developer – Chiang Mai, Thailand or remote
Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports over 1000 migrant children in
need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically
tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects vulnerable children, allows families
to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France,
Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective
countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation’s work in Thailand.
Baan Dek Foundation is working in partnership with UNICEF Thailand and has won the 2017 MIT Solve Challenge. You can find
further information about Baan Dek Foundation’s projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a volunteer as Mobile App Developer. The objective of the mission is to develop
and expand an existing web application that allows vulnerable children to access key knowledge (“life skills”). This project makes
it possible to scale up support to underserved communities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
1. Mobile app development (mobile or hybrid for Android, with iOS or Windows as a plus) of an e-curriculum that
teaches children essential knowledge and skills.
2. Administration of an existing online platform that will disseminate the app.
3. Develop tools based on mobile technologies to organize M&E and Project Impact Assessment.
- IT studies and/or confirmed skills and interest.
- Previous professional experience in mobile app development is a strong requirement.
- Experience with children is considered an asset.
- Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in IT and social work.
- Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English. Thai/Burmese/Cambodian/French considered an asset.
- Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike (if based in Chiang Mai).
- Duration of contract: 7 months (starting as soon as possible), possibility of extension.
- Position status: Consultancy or employment contract.
- Compensation: 30,000 THB monthly (900 USD) monthly.
- Benefits: Food, motorbike, legal documentation facilitation (if based in Chiang Mai).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in
line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection
Applications (CV/cover letter/2 phone numbers of professional references) to be sent by email to Julien Strens,
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org