Organization : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Oct 2017
View : 2424
Deadline : 26 / October / 2017
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Communication and Reporting Officer
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies.
The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The IFRC Secretariat has a decentralized structure: five regional offices (each with several CCST and country offices reporting to it) covering the globe and responsible for frontline delivery through National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, backed by the Secretariat HQ based in Geneva.
IFRC/AP region has developed the Operational plan for 2018 in line with the overall strategic direction of the IFRC’s 8 Areas of Focus and 4 Strategies for Implementation of the plan and Budget 2016 – 2020. In addition, IFRC/AP and the Country Cluster Support office in Bangkok have been working together in enhancing the cooperation and coordination in Asia Pacific.
The Communication and Reporting Officer will:
- Contribute to communications efforts at a global, regional and country level in order to promote the work of the IFRC and National Societies in Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam and Lao PDR.
- Be responsible for IFRC planning cycle, overall reporting functions as well as monitoring and evaluation functions within the CCST office.
- Be responsible for knowledge sharing and for the maintenance and update of the IFRC Resilience Library.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Internal and external events: support workshops, events and trainings at national and regional level, including
- developing communication plans
- liaising with internal colleagues, communication manager, support team and graphic designer for the development, production and dissemination of training and marketing materials
Publications and online communication
- Promote the work of the IFRC and National Societies in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Viet Nam, Thailand, ensuring a regular flow of products related to communications priorities, including; web stories, photos, videos, articles as well as support on the production of other publications such as case studies and advocacy reports
- Liaise between graphic designers and professional editors on the production of electronic and printed materials as required
- Liaise with the support services team to decide on suppliers and providers of technical services (printers, advertising agencies, communications consultants) to ensure high quality of produced materials, and support the dissemination of the printed materials
- Ensure that materials produced by and for the CCST are in alignment with the International Federation’s Visual Identity guidelines as well as respective donor visual guidelines (if applicable)
- Support on the writing/editing of communication-related documents and publications
- Provide technical expertise and guidance as required to IFRC and National Society staff to increase use of social media and online communication. This includes the use of social media for advocacy and community engagement, so that the voice and aspirations of community members are promoted for advocacy at the national and global level, and community engagement is promoted for communication before, during and after disasters
- Lead on the development of social media guidance materials for relevant advocacy, and provide other technical support for specific events and conferences
Knowledge platform management
- Enhance internal and external communication through the identification of opportunities to improve internal processes, enhance information-sharing and the use of online platforms
- Support information management and dissemination for Red Cross Red Crescent activities in the region, feeding specifically into regional or global publications and initiatives (Annual report, annual appeal, International Day of Disaster Risk Reduction, Red Cross Red Crescent World Days, etc.) in cooperation with National Societies in the cluster, the communication and humanitarian diplomacy units
- Update the existing Resilience Library and link it to other existing data management tools of the IFRC, such as FedNet, websites from NSs of the region or the GDPC website
- Be responsible for the monthly edition of the CCST newsletter (including data collection with NSs and IFRC colleagues as well as drafting / finalization of the contents)
- Ensure that the required functionalities for the Resilience Library to operationalize are consistent and working according to the expressed needs of the region
- Provide technical support in website design and development as required
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting
- Responsible for the coordination of all plans and reports for the CCST to ensure they meet deadline and quality standards
- Undertake quality control and final editing of all plans and reports, ensuring that professional standards and formats are adhered to
- Maintain an effective reporting and reports tracking system for operations: monitor deadlines and ensure that reporting requirements (frequency, quality, capacity and timeliness) for all running activities have been planned and agreed upon.
- Act as focal point for data/resource collection and processing including support survey and mapping exercises, baseline / endline processes, etc.
- Maintain archives for country reports.
- Prepare the quarterly programme information update, internal monthly dashboard and other updates requested by KL/PMER, draft quarterly reports against OP2018 and annual reports.
- Provide assistance in proposal writing and grant management.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- University Degree in Social Science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- 4 years’ experience of working in journalism, communications or public relations (for publications)
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital communications
- Experience of the procedures and reporting requirements of a variety of donor organizations would be useful
- Prefer experience of communicating on programmes, beneficiary communication will be an asset
- Previous working experience at the Federation Secretariat, field experience and/or National Society would be useful
- Broad understanding of Red Cross Red Crescent policies and activities would be useful
- Strong data analysis, research and writing skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally
- Strong experience in new social media, website management (including WordPress)
- Capacity building skills or experiences in working with counterparts
- Skills in advocacy and negotiation
- Self-supporting in computers
- Ability to travel to the field
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Thai citizenship or foreigners holding a valid work and residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates should apply at online IFRCjobs from the link below:
Please click "Apply Online" with attachment of:
- Covering Letter in Microsoft WORD
- Curriculum Vitae with salary expectation in Microsoft WORD
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 26 October 2017
Job advertisement in PDF: JA_IFRC_Communication and Reporting Officer
More information about IFRC, please see www.ifrc.org
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org