Organization : International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Oct 2017
View : 2225
Deadline : 25 / October / 2017
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Head of Country Cluster Support Team
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Head of Country Cluster Support Team and plays a key role in coordination and information sharing within the Country Cluster Support Team.
The Executive Assistant supports the Head of Office in maintaining the HoCCST’s representation, management and coordination functions. He/She provides his/her support for all administrative and operational tasks as required by the Head of CCST. The position requires excellent organizational skills, expertise in information management and processing, good communication skills (oral and written) and familiarity with the internal office tools.
Job duties and responsibilities
Communications and Coordination:
- Assist HoCCST in his representation and coordination role and contribute the effective flow of information within the office
- Coordinate the follow up to decisions taken by the HoCCST and at the staff meetings, as well as with external partners
- Monitor major events and meetings relevant to the HoCCST and ensure proper preparations and support
- Prepare, follow and file HoCCST’s communications, letters and correspondence.
- Prepare and distribute HoCCST reports and presentations
- Maintain CCST office planning, including consolidation of the office agenda, meetings, workshops, trainings, staff movements, etc.
- Receive, distribute and file HoCCST documents and files, including external documents such as incoming fax communications, letters from embassies or ministries, internal documents for approval, etc.
- Take office calls, record information and share comprehensive messages to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide oral and/or written translation for documents received or letters to be sent when required
- Maintain contact lists (IFRC CCST, NS, RCRC Partners, external partners, etc.) and ensure exhaustive and accurate information
- Check the office center email and transfer information to any concerned party
- Ensure the standard formats and guidelines are adhered to and followed;
- Assist the Head of office in all administrative related matters and work in close collaboration with the Support team
- Responsible for managing the HoCCST’s calendar: appointments, events, meetings, workshops and staff movements, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of all travel arrangements of HoCCST : prepare mission orders, liaise with Support team for transportation, visa, accommodation, etc.
- Prepare mission expense claims and representation claims of HoCCST
- Keep record of “Officer in charge” (acting periods and handover reports if any)
- Responsible for the organization of all HoCCST documents with an effective filling system for all HoCCST documents, files, letters, contracts, e-mails according to IFRC standard filling system
- Compile hotels information and quotations and negotiate hotel rates and ensure that the corporate rates are provided as well as good services
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Support team, including support for travel arrangements (flight ticket purchase, liaison with travel agents, etc.) and hotel booking
Workshops and meetings:
- Coordinate the organization of HoCCST’s meetings, events or workshops
- Welcome HoCCST’s visitors, coordinate transportation, accommodation, share welcome packages, etc.
- Prepare agenda and invitations, organise venue, cooperate with the Support team for logistic and administrative arrangements (printing materials, transportation, accommodation, etc), take minutes of meetings, etc.
- Coordinate and arrange staff meetings including by taking and distributing minutes of meetings
- Participate in internal and external coordination meetings and take minutes of these meetings
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head of CCST
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Possess at least Degree in Business Studies/ Administration/ Management/ Professional Secretarial certifications or other equivalent qualification
- At least five years of experience in the related field
- Secretarial support experience serving the top management would be useful
- Professional experience in administrative and clerical procedures
- Experience in dealing with government officials and diplomatic community would be useful
- Excellent computer literacy, speed and accuracy (MS Office/Excel/Power Point/Word)
- Able to work as a part of team but also to work independently and proactively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Good communications skills with people at all levels
- Highly organized
- Fluently spoken and written English (excellent spelling skills and an ability to draft texts)
- Fluently spoken and written Thai
- Thai citizenship or foreigners holding a valid work and residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates should submit the application to email@example.com and include:
- Covering Letter in Microsoft WORD
- Curriculum Vitae with salary expectation in Microsoft WORD
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 25 October 2017
Job advertisement in PDF file: JA_IFRC_Executive Assistant
More information about IFRC, please see www.ifrc.org.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org