Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Oct 2017
View : 1994
Deadline : 23 / October / 2017
TITLE: The Road Safety Project Assistant - The 7% Project
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Safety and DRR
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Each day, a majority of Thailand’s 18 million children travel as passengers on motorcycles, the country’s primary form of transportation. Even though Thai law has mandated helmet use for all motorcycle drivers and passengers since 1996 only an estimated 3 - 7% of children wear helmets. This lack of protection, coupled with Thailand’s high accident rate, leaves many under-18s at risk for life-threatening injuries and disabilities that could jeopardize their future. According to the World Health Organization, Thailand has the 2nd highest per capita road traffic fatality rate in the world. Collisions kill over 2,600 Thai children annually, while injuring and disabling an additional 72,680 boys and girls. Most crashes involve motorcycles, the primary form of transportation. The 7% project goal is to decrease motorcycle death and injury by increasing helmet use and changing social norms through the four pillars: education, law enforcement, media and helmet innovative design. The Road Safety Project Assistant will support the implementation of the 7% project.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator
Dimensions: The Road Safety Project Assistant will support the implementation of the 7% project, ensuring engagement with all project components’ stakeholders, timely execution of activities, and proper documentation and reporting.
Budget Responsibility: None
Number of direct reports: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Programme Delivery
- Provide project Support The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator in direct implementation of the 7% Project; ensuring delivery of the whole helmet safety programme activities, events, workshops and advocacies.
- Assist the team to engage with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Office of Basic Education Commission (OBEC), new school administrations, Police, Communities, Press and other Road Safety workgroups to organize education programs. Including, provide assistance to conduct training of trainers (TOT) for key teachers, students, polices and community volunteers helmet heroes, and provides ongoing support of Behaviour Influence and school regulation activities in new schools.
- Provide project support to The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator and the team in collaboration with Communications & Advocacy Coordinator, including MEAL Coordinator to work with the Project’s Media Suppliers/Consultants in implementing the advocacy campaign.
- Assist The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator and team to leads in engaging teachers, students, police and community, providing trainings and events, creating a database to track beneficiary’s information.
- Liaises with the 7% Project workgroup to address project’s advocacy needs, and ensure positive outcomes for children: helmet is a part of school uniform.
- Maintain regularly contacts with stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Project Management and Administration
- Record management of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Provide the information to The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator and team for design project activities and develop a clear and detailed implementation plans; and monitors activities against this plan to ensure timely and quality implementation.
- Actively participate in the 7% Project brainstorming design sessions and meetings, providing inputs based on current implementation.
- Participate in advocacy, networking, meetings, workshops, and conferences as needed.
- Provides ideas, feedback and updates to The Child Safety & DRR Project Coordinator on project progress.
- Provide program assistance to the team in coordinate and communicate with partners and stakeholders on the 7% project’s goal and activity.
- Assist the Senior and the Project Officer to arrange the project administration tasks: drafting correspondence, , project stock update
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
- Assist the team for the information collecting and recording (Beneficiaries trackers)
- Prepare project’s data for writing project reports.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Has exciting campaign ideas and activities to engage with target audience
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Always acts in the best interests of children
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working on development projects and / or awareness campaign management
- Thai nationality
- Ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages, if providing TOEIC, IELTS scores will be a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Clear desire to work with people to help solving their problems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated administration skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively
Closing date for submissions: 23 October 2017
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for The Road Safety Project Assistant 7%project_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
Contact : email@example.com