Program Officer, LINKAGES Project - Thailand
LINKAGES is a USAID-funded project managed by FHI 360 aimed at accelerating the Thai HIV/AIDS response to recruit, reach, test, treat and retain populations in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services. The project will focus primarily on MSM and transgender (TG) women.
The Program Officer position specifically provides broad program and management support as well as technical support and guidance to implementing partners (IAs) under the LINKAGES Project in Thailand, implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives, develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a focal point for coordination between FHI 360 and local, national, and international stakeholders including all local implementers (IAs), Ministry of Health, USAID, CDC, GFATM etc. and other relevant organizations in Thailand to ensure smooth operation of programs and activities supported by FHI 360.
- Coordinate the development of and reviews and monitor annual workplans and budgets for the Project.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects as appropriate.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents. Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Work closely with the LINAKGES management teams in Head Quarter, Regional Officer and Country Program Manager to ensure program quality according to FHI 360 standards and ensure the achievement of results for which FHI 360 is responsible under agreement with the donor.
- Provide contract management support to ensure that FHI 360 meet the requirements of the Project, including submission of all deliverables according to the set timeframe as well as review and coordinate the development and submission of financial and progress reports to other donors as required
- Provide support in processing consultancy agreements and contracts.
- Coordinate between APRO Project Support Unit (PSU) and Contract Management Services (CMS) to process procurement requests) – includes securing waiver requests, documentation and securing approvals from FHI HQ and donors as needed.
- Assist the Country Program Manager to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate monitoring of subgrantees to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
- Maintain and monitor the project specific information system in order to respond fully to donor reporting requirements.
- Participate in periodic assessments of the project and site visits as assigned.
- Coordinate for APRO/HQ review and approval of subgrants/subcontracts.
- Coordinate with the Technical Unit in ensuring appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems that track and report program progress.
- Respond to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs and requirements generated from Donors, local partners, FHI 360 APRO and HQ and donors.
- Participate in resource development efforts to identify resource development opportunities and contribute to proposal development process as well as assist in determining the feasibility of developing new projects based on current initiatives and capabilities.
- Involve in the area of M&E which includes development and utilization of target reporting tools, reviewing for consistency and accuracy of information in annual work plans, budgets, semi-annual and annual reports, as well as coordinating with Technical Unit for inputs on targets reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of the program management systems and tools.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports and other relevant documents for field programs, e.g., quarterly implementing agency and country office program implementation and financial reports.
- Ensure application of FHI 360 policies and procedures to programs.
- Provide leadership and team building at the task level.
- Provide mentorship to Implementing Agencies (IAs) staff to strengthen their skills in program oversights.
- Provide timely programmatic, financial and administrative support to the Project .
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS :
- Routine coordination with local partners, all FHI 360 units and consultants, on-site and in the field and resolve problem situations with tact.
- Close liaison and relationship building with USAID /RDMA, USAID Cooperating Agencies and /or regional partners
- Participate in project management team meetings and meetings with donor .
- Represent, as assigned, selected field programs and other organizations including donors, and international and local partners.
- Interact with regional staff.
- Masters or MBA in management, public health, social sciences and/or related field
- Three to five years of experience with NGOs or INGOs involving program implementation and management, preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention and care program.
- Experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in diverse settings
- Typically requires 2-5 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Good written and oral communications skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY :
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow.
- Experience in providing program management support to development project
- Experience in working with country programs funded by US government or other international donors
- Knowledge of health programs (HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, international development, and/or social science research) in developing countries particularly HIV/AIDS in Lao PDR
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
- Financial management, research, report writing and/or analyses.
- Written and verbal communication skills, and editing skills.
- Relevant language skills preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Work well in cross-cultural settings
- Ability to travel at short notice
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to travel within the project country as well as ability to travel internationally if needed.
NOTE: Applicant must be eligible to work in Thailand. No expatriate benefits or allowances provided.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Contact : email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273