Organization : The Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 3 Oct 2017
View : 1858
Deadline : 2 / November / 2017
The Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD)
Position: Staff consultant-Accounts Manager
Job open number: 6_VA_ST_JTF_2017
The Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD) is a network of parliamentarians, established in 1981 to promote parliamentarians’ action in addressing population issues in the Asia and the Pacific region. AFPPD envisions a world where demographic changes and population issues are taken into account in planning for sustainable development, especially a world where women and girls have equal rights and opportunities and can enjoy a safe, healthy and dignified life throughout their life cycle. More specifically, AFPPD strives for a world where all women and girls have access to sexual and reproductive health information, education and services, and can decide whether, when and how many to have children, and where “no one is left behind.”
AFPPD aims to realize its vision through parliamentary work by (a) advocating for and formulating and amending policies and legislation that promotes specifically healthy and active ageing, investing in youth, gender equality and women’s empowerment; (b) advocating for increased financial resources in these areas; and (c) holding governments accountable for their international commitments and implementation.
AFPPD is governed by the General Assembly and managed by the Executive Committee between General Assemblies, being strategically advised by three Standing Committees, and supported by the Secretariat in Bangkok, Thailand. As of August 2017, AFPPD consists of 30 National Committees that deal with population and development issues. These committees are supported by the respective countries’ parliamentary or committee staff or an NGO outside the parliament. AFPPD provides capacity development support to its member National Committees, facilitating their networking and regional collaboration to promote the full implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals as well as the accelerated implementation of the Framework of Actions for the Follow-up to the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD PoA) beyond 2014.
Since the AFPPD 11th General Assembly in October 2015, AFPPD’s amended constitution has strengthened and re-defined AFPPD’s governance structure to make it more effective and impactful as a regional parliamentarian network. As part of these efforts, the General Assembly approved the Strategic Plan 2016-2019 and established three new Standing Committees focusing on strategic priority areas related to (1) gender equality and women’s empowerment; (2) investing in youth; and (3) active ageing. Later in early 2016, the AFPPD Strategic Priorities Framework was developed and approved, which was built upon these Standing Committees tackling their respective challenges using the common framework of cross-cutting thematic issues: safety and security; health; and participation.
The Staff consultant-Accounts Manager will engage in AFPPD’s financial systems, structures, processes and policies for the implementation of the AFPPD Strategic Plan 2016-2019 and the Operation and Finance manual. Keys aspects of the role will include monitoring budgets, financial reporting, developing and standardizing financial, systems, structures, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of AFPPD, the Staff consultant-Accounts Manager will work with the AFPPD secretariat team to undertake the following tasks, among others:
- Attend to all other routine accounting functions and prepare reports for internal and external management and fulfil finance-related requirements of the Partners;
- Review the existing financial accounting systems, controls and procedures and where necessary, recommend appropriate improvement or revisions;
- Review and approve all accounting transactions to ensure that data is accurate and complete;
- Review and ensure that basis for fixed costs allocations is correct and appropriate;
- Ensure adherence to the prevailing accounting policies and procedures by supervising or giving necessary guidance to other relevant (non-finance) staff and setting up strong system of checks and balances;
- Be responsible to manage a month-ended account closing to be accomplished within a timeline, and report to the Executive Director;
- Provide information to Executive Director from Quick books system and from other sources when needed;
- Responsible to analyze and review budget proposal;
- Coordinate with all departments for Annual Work Plans and prepare FACE form;
- Follow up on budget approval;
- Assist in monitoring each project spending to relevant staff and stakeholders on the status of budget balance;
- Review daily cash position and ensure sufficient cash is available in relevant bank accounts.
- Ensure no payment instructions are made against bank accounts where funds are in-sufficient. Liaise with Executive Director to ascertain project cash needs;
- Review and ensure that process and procedures of payroll is correct;
- Be responsible on tax issues;
- Coordinate and support external auditors for yearly audit exercises;
Other functions as maybe instructed by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience:
One year with a three-month probationary period, with a possible extension subject to satisfactory performance. The official weekly working hours of the AFPPD are 9.00 am to 05.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
AFPPD Secretariat in Bangkok (Address: Suite 9C, Phayathai Plaza Building, Phayathai Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok, 10400 Thailand). Staff consultant-Accounts Manager may expected to participate, organize and travel, if any assignments are outside Bangkok.
Salary and benefits:
Salary range is USD3600-4000 (gross) monthly, depending on a successful applicant’s work experiences and expertise field(s). Income tax will be deducted from the gross amount as required by the Thai law.
Submission of Application
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
All applications should be submitted as PDF or MS Word attachments to email@example.com. Please ensure that the email subject line is stated as “Accounts Manager”
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: Until the position is filled.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.