Organization : International Justice Mission
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 2 Oct 2017
View : 1386
Deadline : 31 / October / 2017
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a professional Data Analysis & Data Systems Specialist to support IJM’s program and law enforcement capacity building objectives. The Data Analysis & Data Systems Specialist is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination of actionable information to IJM’s Bangkok and Cambodia Field Offices and partners to enhance IJM’s work with local law enforcement partners. Using information from multiple sources, the Data Analysis & Data Systems Specialist will examine casework data and crime patterns and build profiles of suspects and their activities in order to help detect, respond to, and prevent violence against the poor. The successful candidate must have a solid background in data collection and analysis; be a skilled critical thinker; have strong experience using computer programs to analyze and visualize data; possess strong communication skills; be able to thrive in a detailed, dynamic environment; and be passionate about using their skills to seek justice for the poor. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand and to Cambodia. The position reports to the Bangkok Program Manager.
The primary responsibilities of the Data Analysis & Data Systems Specialist include: identifying relevant sources of information, collecting and collating information and data from a variety of different sources, monitoring and supporting the effective use of field data collection, analyzing information to understand patterns of criminal activity, profiling and targeting criminals and their networks, mapping and visualizing geographical crime ‘hot spots’, identifying victims for rescue, and effectively communicating relevant and actionable information to IJM’s Bangkok and Cambodia Field Offices and partners to enhance IJM’s work with local law enforcement.
Data Collection & Management
- Master IJM software programs for managing data, including: Tableau data analysis and data visualization software, IJM’s criminal information and investigative software, IJM’s Casework Tracking and Management System (CTMS), and other related M&E and data collection tools.
- Work with FO leaders and IJM’s headquarters-based (HQ) Analyst to develop targeted data collection requirements; to identify relevant local data sources; and to implement appropriate processes, policies and protocols for collection, analysis and dissemination of information.
- Collaborate with FO leaders and staff to gather targeted data and ensure the timely, consistent implementation of data collection policies and procedures;
- Support future development of IJM’s justice data software systems and data analysis tools.
Data Analysis & Insights
- Conduct full range of analysis of complex data to identify pertinent and key criminal elements, networks, relationships, patterns and behavior, including but not limited to: detecting previously unknown victims and perpetrators, identifying high value criminal targets, ascertaining criminal tactics and techniques, distinguishing crime ‘hot spots’, and identifying trends in human trafficking for labor exploitation.
- Produce and distribute timely, responsive and quality data products that directly support the investigative needs of IJM’s Bangkok and Cambodia Field Offices, local law enforcement partners and non-government partners, including data visual presentations such as dashboards, spreadsheets, maps, charts and graphs.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of casework data from CTMS to assess performance and identify areas of needed focus and attention.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the laws and elements of proof for the crimes IJM government partners investigate and prosecute to assist in narrowing information gathering focus.
Data Quality Assurance
- Oversee, assess and continually improve the data entry practices of the FO’s fieldwork, legal and aftercare teams.
- Work with FO leaders and the HQ Analyst to ensure the quality of data being collected and entered is consistent, accurate and clean.
Training & Consultation
- Serve as the CTMS Point of Contact for the Bangkok Field Office, including providing basic training for newly hired fieldwork, legal and aftercare staff.
- Oversee the effective use of CTMS by IJM’s fieldwork, legal and aftercare teams, respond to questions about how to use CTMS, and train to fill capacity gaps as needed.
- Consider and advise on the better use of CTMS by each casework team and on the appropriate business processes to be implemented by each team.
- Coach and develop field office staff to ensure mastery of all M&E data collection and analysis tools, providing user support and monitoring on data quality.
- In coordination with the Bangkok Program Manager, lead rollout and training for newly developed data collection and M&E tools.
- Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation, professional development, and staff care programs.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Bangkok Program Manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Statistics or relevant field preferred.
- At least two years’ relevant data analysis experience; prior database management experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in computer and technical skills; strong proficiency in Tableau preferred, knowledge or experience with other data analysis programs helpful.
- Excellent research skills.
- Demonstrated analytical capability of complex data with proven record of creating effective data analysis and data visualization products.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in English required (written and spoken); fluency in Thai strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to provide professional service to a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with significant experience with Excel preferred.
- Thai national or non-Thai who can legally work in Thailand
- Creative and analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Objectivity, integrity, and intellectual honesty.
- Patient, flexible, and persistent.
- Committed to continuous learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic, multi-national team.
- Winsome, effective team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with key partners at all levels of the organization.
- Disciplined with priorities, manages time and resources effectively.
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Contact : email@example.com