Organization : Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 29 Sep 2017
View : 1920
Deadline : 10 / October / 2017
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), established in 1986, is a regional non-profit foundation with headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand supporting the advancement of safer communities and sustainable development, through implementing programs that reduce the impact of disasters upon countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. The primary geographical focus of ADPC’s activities is Asia with the South, South East and East Asia being the primary sub-regions.
ADPC has more than 30 years of working experience in Asia along with the national and local Government of its charter member countries as well as countries of the Regional Consultative Committee (RCC) on Disaster Management. ADPC addresses the region’s preparedness needs in development of capacities and promotion of learning; dissemination of information and knowledge management; provision of technical and advisory services; implementation of pioneering regional programs; preparations and follow up of global and regional mechanisms; establishment of new regional mechanisms; support for inter-agency coherence and coordination and catalytic facilitation and partnership to sub-regional mechanisms. ADPC works to build preparedness at all levels, from regional, to national, to sub-national and even to individual communities. Further details on ADPC and Programs can be found at www.adpc.net
SERVIR is a global program that provides scientific and technical know-how to help developing countries use geospatial information and technologies to achieve sustainable development. SERVIR-Mekong will promote the use and availability of publicly available satellite imagery and related geospatial decision-support tools/products to help key stakeholders and decision makers in Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam better predict and manage floods and other natural disasters, improve agricultural risk management, manage land-use more sustainably, and help governments and communities increase resilience to the negative effects of climate change. Funded by USAID, and with lead scientific and technical support from NASA, SERVIR-Mekong is being implemented by the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) with inputs from consortium partners Spatial Informatics Group, Stockholm Environment Institute, and Deltares. Further details on SERVIR can be found at servir.adpc.net
Statement of Intent:
The User Engagement Specialist is responsible for ensuring that user consultation and participation are integrated across SERVIR activities according to the SERVIR Service Planning Framework. This position will work closely with the Chief of Party, Science and Data Co-Leads, M&E Lead, and Capacity Development Lead to develop user engagement strategies/approaches/tools specific to SERVIR-Mekong, as well as work with production teams working on specific products, trainings, and events, to ensure that necessary user engagement activities are integrated and that the right mix of skills are in place for engaging users effectively and capturing knowledge and learning from the approach with a view to demonstrating the project successes.
It is not the intent of this Position Description to cover every aspect of the position requirements, rather highlight the most important areas of personal and joint responsibility.
Required Qualifications and Specification:
The User Engagement Specialist will have the following minimum qualifications:
· At least a Master’s level degree in in International Development, Sustainable Development, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Disaster Management, or other field related to this position.
· At least five years of experience in international development approaches relevant to this position, including engaging with various users of scientific applications including policy makers, communities, and practitioners.
· Ability to identify relevant collaboration partners within and outside the institution; maintain existing linkages and effectively communicate with stakeholders on different levels.
· Proven record of productive engagement with government institutions, NGOs, and scientists. Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental and development context of the Lower-Mekong region.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Must be allowed to work legally in Thailand.
· Operate within all ADPC Guidelines & Procedures/ Policies.
· Provide ongoing capacity building training & development to ADPC staff as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks of the User Engagement Specialist include:
· be the main point of contact and work closely with SERVIR Support as well as the other SERVIR hubs in the development and implementation of the global service planning framework;
· support product leads in systematically identifying stakeholders, assessing of their needs, and ensuring stakeholder involvement up front;
· work closely with the Science and Data Co-Leads to develop Service Concept Documents and supporting information for SERVIR-Mekong services
· lead the development of user engagement plans, aligning with the global service planning framework, but specific to SERVIR-Mekong services/products;
· develop appropriate tool(s) that would be needed to support user engagement;
· coordinate needs assessment exercises and market studies;
· regularly contribute information to the user database and other knowledge management tools related to user engagement and outreach;
· lead the identification and assessment of users’ uptake of SERVIR-Mekong services in their decision-making;
· lead in knowledge management functions of SERVIR-Mekong
· support business development for ADPC and the Geospatial Information Department
· Reports to the SERVIR-Mekong Chief of Party (CoP)
· Work closely with other staff of ADPC.
Contract Duration: One (1) year contract with possibility of extension.
How to apply: Interested Candidates, please submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net), resume, copy of diploma(s) and certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to email@example.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org