Organization : Doctors Without Borders Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Sep 2017
View : 1361
Deadline : 10 / October / 2017
Background of the project:
Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT) has been active in the Deep South of Thailand over the last 12 months, conducting a series of Psychological First Aid trainings in all the 4 provinces with an aim to better our understanding of the situation in the area, raise awareness about DWBT & our neutrality, and to develop links with existing stakeholders including local NGOs and the Thai Department of Mental Health. DWBT is registered in Thailand as a PLC since January 2017.
DWBT is starting a project to primarily provide mental health services for victims of conflict, including basic medical and physiotherapy services and an appropriate system of referral where needed. The project is expected to be based in Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat. DWBT will work to strengthen existing mental health system and to build local capacity through trainings and the provision of mental health services primarily focusing on women and children affected by the conflict. DWBT is a non political, non religious medical organisation and does not discriminate based on religion, race, political affiliation or sex.
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to DWBT protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital including the following:
- Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
- Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project
Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Resource Manager and the Project Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Perform security tasks delegated to logistics, updating of security plan, scanning, security briefings etc. in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, collect security related information.
- Be responsible for the smooth implementation of all security related aspect of the logistic at field level: use of cars and boats, telecommunication and premises
- Responsible for the implementation of the DWBT IT policy: Back-ups, antivirus, email, etc
- Manage the power supply through maintenance of generators, power for the installations within the project and DWBT compound and other electrical equipment.
- Make Project Orders and keep the record of received and outstanding items.
- Prepare monthly logistical reports and situation report (logistical part).
- Contribute to the selection of new staff in his/her department
- Brief the newly arrived staff about those technical aspects related to the day-to-day activities in the Project and the implementation of the project’s security guideline: Telecommunications, purchase flow, and order circuits, vehicle use, security guidelines, etc.
- Support the activities of visitors to the project, including HQ visitors, members of the press and others
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities. Desirable previous experience with DWB or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Mission language essential; local language desirable.
• People Management and Development L2
• Commitment to DWB Principles L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L3
• Results and Quality Orientation L3
• Teamwork and Cooperation L3
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “LOGISTICS MANAGER-DWBT” to email@example.com
Closing date:10th October 2017. Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org