PROJECT FIN/HR MANAGER – Based in Pattani
Background of the project:
Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT) has been active in the Deep South of Thailand over the last 12 months, conducting a series of Psychological First Aid trainings in all the 4 provinces with an aim to better our understanding of the situation in the area, raise awareness about DWBT & our neutrality, and to develop links with existing stakeholders including local NGOs and the Thai Department of Mental Health. DWBT is registered in Thailand as a PLC since January 2017.
DWBT is starting a project to primarily provide mental health services for victims of conflict, including basic medical and physiotherapy services and an appropriate system of referral where needed. The project is expected to be based in Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat. DWBT will work to strengthen existing mental health system and to build local capacity through trainings and the provision of mental health services primarily focusing on women and children affected by the conflict. DWBT is a non political, non religious medical organisation and does not discriminate based on religion, race, political affiliation or sex.
Implement DWBT administration, HR management and financial standards in the project and contribute to achieve the project objectives as set forward in the project proposal
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the Resource Manager, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the Resource Manager, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance..
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities..
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Under supervision of the Resource Manager, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
- Support, in close coordination with the Resource Manager, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Resource Manager, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and DWBT commitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Resource Manager, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, etc.) and DWBT.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Resource Manager, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Ensures all HR reporting of the Project
- Checks that monthly closure is done and controlled following planned timetables.
- Ensures that all local accounts are correctly kept and followed up on a regular base.
- Ensures good organisation, order and quality of all accounting documents, i.e. invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.
- Ensures that accounting documents are filed properly
- Anticipates the expenses at project level and sends monthly money orders on time to the Resource Manager
- Ensures that there is always enough cash available in the project, including security money.
- Ensures the respect of standard procedures in the management of money, expenses, budget in the project and
- Ensures the correct overall follow up of the project accounting using management program Finance Field Connection (FFC) and following the guidelines.
- Implements money security measures (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances) according to the mission money security procedures.
- Briefs all people dealing with money and expenses on money security measures
- Guarantees the respect of standard procedures in purchases (purchase procedures, validation and organization of payments, follow up of regular payments, justification documents and checks)
- Regulates and supervises payment of invoices
- Follows up bank balances and cash boxes in the project, checking the cash boxes once a week
- Re-conciliates cash box and safe on the last day of the month
- Follows up the project budget, together with the Project Coordinator in the field and the Resource Manager in capital
- Analyses budgetary follow up of project with Project Coordinator in the field and Resource Manager in capital and raises alert if necessary.
- Ensures that funds are used according to budgets and funding contracts in the project, guaranteeing the respect of DWBT criteria regarding ethical expenditure and of the requirements regarding quality of receipts and invoices.
- Collects all information concerning activities planned and resources needed for each defined activity
- Participates in the set up and budgetary translation of the planned activities and the resources needed.
- Together with the Project Coordinator & Supervisors analyses the general and specific monthly budgetary follow up (analytical points), raising the alert if necessary, proposing corrective action and reporting to the Resource Manager and the Project Coordinator.
Degree in HR/ finance/ business administration or related studies
Essential working experience of at least five years in similar job profiles
Essential experience with DWB or other NGOs
Good spoken & written English
Mission language and local language essential
• People Management
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “PROJECT FIN/HR MANAGER-DWBT” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10th October 2017. Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Contact : email@example.com/ 089-2185762