Organization : HelpAge International - Asia Pacific Regional Office
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 26 Sep 2017
View : 2641
Deadline : 15 / October / 2017
HelpAge International Asia Pacific Regional Office is currently seeking a qualified candidate to support our work in Asia Pacific region.
Position: Project Officer
Work base: Asia Regional Office in Chiang Mai
Contract length: 2 years (with possible extension)
Application closing date: 15 October 2017
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary scale: 43,000 -55,000 THB depending on experience
Condition: This position is opened for Thai nationals only
HelpAge International’s vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
The Project Officer will play a key role in supporting HelpAge’s resource development, contract management and monitoring and evaluation initiatives across the region as well as key global programmatic initiatives.
Grants and contract management (40%)
- Support regional and programme team in ensuring HelpAge’s contract management guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring contract management database is up to date and accurate
- Provide coaching and training on HelpAge CMS guidelines to new staff and partners as well as to supporting the RRDM in rolling out new institutional guidelines and policies
- Assist as required in the development and submission of proposals
- Donor scanning to identify potential funding opportunities for HelpAge, and maintain donor database
- Assist Regional Resource Development Manager in account management of donors
- Keep accurate records of when reports are due and follow up with those responsible. Support the RRDM in ensuring the quality of donor reports
- Ensure that all key project documents (proposals, budgets, PCAF etc) are filed clearly in soft copy folders, and that key hard copy contract documents are safely field in the office
- Assist the RRDM in creating and maintaining a consultant database for resource development, and in recruitment of consultants
- Responsible for producing funding charts and checking for accuracy.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from RRDM.
Monitoring and evaluation (50%)
- Regional coordination for the development and writing of internal Regional Annual Plan and Annual Reporting
- Maintain evaluation database, ensuring HelpAge’s evaluation policies are adhered to, and evaluations widely shared
- Support in the development of Terms of Reference and recruitment of consultants for baseline and evaluations
- Support regional and country teams and network members in the development of programmatic Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks
- Support regional and country teams and network members to develop plan or adapt and adhere to HelpAge's Accountability and Quality Framework.
- Participate in programme monitoring and evaluation missions
- Facilitate harmonization of tools for data collection to demonstrate impact of HelpAge work
- To develop and implement capacity building processes in monitoring
- Represent Asia as a member of the global MEL
- Ensure monthly and quarterly narrative and financial reports are collated
- Participate in the regular team meetings and conference calls, including the preparation and distribution of documents
Other tasks (10%)
- Support Regional Humanitarian and DRR Adviser to ensure regional emergency preparedness plans are up to date.
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to fulfil the objectives of the post and of HelpAge International.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in project cycle management (E)
- Solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation tools (E)
- Experience in proposal development, and donor account management (D)
- Demonstrable training and facilitation experience (D)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and effectively as part of a team (E)
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, take initiative and to work under pressure with demanding deadlines (E)
- Planning, organization and follow-up skills (E)
- IT skills, including experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases (other relevant software) (E)
- Good command in written and spoken English (E)
Knowledge (including Education and Qualification)
- Higher education degree
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and effective communication skills combined with problem solving skills.
- Wide knowledge in social issues especially on ageing related issues
- Applicants should be Thai nationals
- Ability to travel within the region
How to apply:
- Please submit your application document consists of:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role that should not be more than 1 page of A4 size;
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages of A4 size;
- Three referees, including your most recent employer.
- Please put the covering letter and CV in one file and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 15 October 2017.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity we are the only international NGO member of the BITC Gender Campaign.
With a view to minimising our administration costs we are unfortunately only able to contact again those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
Contact : email@example.com