Organization : Manushya Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 21 Sep 2017
View : 1561
Deadline : 1 / October / 2017
Manushya Foundation is currently inviting individuals from Thailand or Laos, with relevant experience and skills, to apply to the Finance and Operations Administrator position. She/he will be based with the Manushya Foundation office in Bangkok, Thailand, and will be responsible for all finances and administration functions for the effective implementation of Manushya Foundation’s programmes.
The Manushya Foundation: Empowering Communities; Advancing Social Justice. “Manushya” is a Sanskrit term being understood by many communities across Asia and in the world, meaning “humans”, “human being”, or even “human rights” (such as manusia in Bahasa or Malay).
Founded in 2017, Manushya Foundation is an Asia regional non-governmental organisation aimed at empowering communities to advance Human Rights, Social Justice & Peace. Manushya Foundation serves as a bridge to Engage, Mobilise, and Empower Agents of Change by: connecting Humans through inclusive coalition building; and by developing strategies focused at placing local communities’ voices in the center of human rights advocacy and domestic implementation of international human rights obligations and standards. Manushya Foundation strengthens the solidarity and capacity of communities and grassroots to ensure they can constructively raise their own concerns and provide solutions in order to improve their livelihoods and the human rights situation on the ground.
We Believe in the Infinite Positive Power of Humans in building inclusive, just, equal, sustainable and peaceful societies in Asia; where individuals, communities, governments and non- state actors respect, fulfill and advance the enjoyment of universal and indivisible human rights for All, leaving no one behind.
We connect diverse and inclusive communities of Humans across Asia through coalition building, to ensure they are at the center of the human rights and sustainable development responses of their countries. By building capacities on human rights monitoring mechanisms, sharing experiences, developing innovative strategies and strengthening solidarity, Manushya Foundation empowers communities to advance human rights, social justice and peace.
Manushya Foundation serves as a “BRIDGE” to Engage, Mobilise, Empower Agents of Change:
A 3-PILLAR STRATEGY:
- ENGAGE communities by building their capacities on all UN human rights mechanisms to ensure their effective participation, and by providing them with the tools to efficiently build credible evidence and monitor the human rights situation on the ground (human rights documentation) to hold their government accountable on their human rights obligations.
- MOBILISE communities around human rights movements, by building CSOs coalitions comprising all human rights issues, where communities are treated equally and can build solidarity and where all human rights are equal (civil and political rights as well as economic, social and cultural rights).
- EMPOWER communities by ensuring they are at the center of the human rights response in their countries, engaging constructively and providing solutions to their government to improve the human rights on the ground. By applying a bottom-up approach, communities will own their issues, provide solutions and become the agents of change in their countries. Communities will bring back solutions at the local level to further empower their peers, ensuring no one is left behind.
The Manushya Foundation is a small NGO, with the advantages and constraints attached. Every staff member plays an important role and carries responsibilities. Dedication is key as it greatly impacts the work of the organisation. It is therefore necessary to embrace the vision and goals of the organisation and fully commit to its success.
I. Duties & Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Administrator plays a key role supporting all aspects of the Foundation’s activities. You will focus primarily on day-to-day finance, and you will also engage with human resources, legal, and other administrative functions of Manushya Foundation as needed. This position calls for a finance & operations professional with killer attention to detail, loads of enthusiasm for maintaining accurate and healthy financial systems, and an ability to engage with both the minute and broad aspects of non-profit finance.
This is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organizations in Asia today. You will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the Programmes Coordinators and Officers. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive financial and operational administration, including budget and financial management, and administrative initiatives for the implementation of Manushya Foundation’s projects:
Financial Management: Oversee the work of the finance function as a whole to ensure compliance with regulatory and funders requirements; efficient and effective management of the finance function; accuracy and reliability of financial information; and the overall management of Manushya Foundation’s funding and expenditure:
- Managing the overall payments process, keeping to deadlines, and optimizing the process for maximum efficiency and accuracy;
- Process all invoices for payment;
- Receipt cash, cheques and banking;
- Process disbursement documents and ensure bills are paid on time;
- Process reimbursements to staff;
- Prepare periodic cash analysis reports reflecting organization expenditures;
- Liaising with vendors to ensure timely payments and ensure proper approval and documentation is complete;
- Prepare for monthly close, and expenses reports / other financial reporting;
Strategic Operations and Administration:
- Provide support to the Executive Director in the area of forward work planning, strategic financial management, budgetary analysis and reporting;
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the Executive Director and Programmes Officers;
- Legal, tax, and other regulatory compliance;
Audit, Compliance and Internal Controls:
- Ensure all renditions, audits and statutory compliance are carried out on time, in line with Thailand and donors’ regulations and compliance requirements;
- Manage annual audit exercise, prepare audit follow-up action plans, and ensure that the action plan is implemented;
- Set up and continue to improve effective management accounting systems and processes;
- Ensuring all Quickbooks entries are complete and correct;
- Maintain filing system for accounts related documentation;
- In cooperation with the Programme Officers and sub-grantees, prepare budgets and financial reports for submission to granting agencies;
- Submit periodic financial reports for submission through the Executive Director to donors;
Administrative Office Functions:
- Procure organisation supplies and services;
- Provide administrative and logistical support and implement administrative decisions;
- Manage travel both local and international;
- Ensure efficient and smooth flow and use of essential supplies;
- Supported by interns and programme officers, undertake secretarial work – photocopying, scanning, letter writing, etc.;
- Organise and maintain paper and electronic files;
- Organise for meetings and conferences;
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate line manager, and the Executive Director.
II. Required Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant academic field.
- At least 5-8 years of extensive work experience in finance and operations;
- Experience managing the financial and operational aspects of an organization and/or projects is required;
- Experience working in Thailand and/or Laos is required;
- Experience working in an NGO will be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of operating standard office equipment, including proficiency in MS office – in particular Excel;
- Excellent command of QuickBooks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Thai languages and demonstrated ability to draft official documents;
- Meticulous and detail-oriented;
- Pro-active person, self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking and multi-tasking ability;
- Curiosity and capacity to contribute to the development of the NGO;
- Ability to work flexibly, under tight timelines and on multiple agendas simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Good communication and public presentation skills;
- Excellent organisational and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good computer and internet skills, especially Excel.
III. What we Offer: Salary and Benefits:
- 6-months consultancy between 30,000 to 35,000 THB net / month (depending on experience) – renewable position or possibility to continue as a permanent staff;
- Travel Accident Insurances;
- All travels and related arrangements covered by Manushya Foundation when monitoring and supporting sub-grantees on the ground;
- Opportunities to engage with local, regional and international human rights advocacy networks;
- International environment;
- Contact with a great variety of actors;
- First-hand experience in the work and functioning of a small NGO;
- Deep involvement in the United Nations human rights system.
IV. How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 2 references
via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Manushya Foundation is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, sexual and gender minorities, persons with disabilities and people living with HIV are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Contact : email@example.com