Organization : RTI International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Sep 2017
View : 2452
Deadline : 29 / September / 2017
RTI is seeking a Finance and Administrative Officer to support Inform Asia: USAID Health Research Program (“Inform Asia”), specifically Associate Award 2 under the Cooperative Agreement mechanism. The goal of the project is to provide high-quality technical assistance in malaria surveillance and to generate, use, and document strategic information and evidence for the National Malaria Control Programs (NMCPs) in Thailand and Lao PDR to support both countries in achieving malaria elimination. This position will be based in Bangkok and will report to the Chief of Party.
The Finance & Administration Officer position is a junior-level position with primary responsibility, under the overall direction of the COP and RTI’s regionally-based business partners, to support Financial and Administrative aspects of Inform Asia. S/he will support the achievement of project goals in a manner consistent with financial principles and maintain functions such as general accounting, financial tasks, and accounting records. S/he will support project needs in Human Resources, Procurement, and Logistics in addition to financial responsibilities. S/he is responsible for maintaining office supplies and will process general correspondence, answer phone calls, and perform other administrative duties as required.
- Manages all financial and administrative aspects of the project, ensuring compliance with RTI and US Government (USG) financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains Inform Asia’s financial files through use of QuickBooks software, including general ledger, including journal entries, coding invoices, account analysis and reconciliation, new account set-up, and ensuring timely and accurate monthly closes.
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the U.S.
- Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitors cash flow and reconciles cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Supports human resources management and procurement for the project, working in collaboration with RTI’s Asia Regional Office in Indonesia to ensure compliance with RTI’s policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Maintain financial management files and ensure sufficient supporting documentation in case of audit.
- Ensures timely submission of accurate reports (i.e. VAT, payroll withholding taxes, etc.) as required by the Government of Thailand.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Manage administrative operations and activities in the Bangkok office including office management, responding to office inquiries, and implementation of RTI policies and procedures.
- Provide travel support to local staff and international visitors as requested.
- Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants, including transport, hotel accommodations, event planning and support, etc.
- Serve as Property Control Officer, responsible for handling procurement of office equipment, furniture and fixed assets, as well as inventory of these assets including property logs, serial numbers, and tags.
- Coordinate with staff to create and maintain all administrative and technical files for the office.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and at least 3 years of experience (or Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience) in financial and administrative management.
- Proven track record of effective financial and administrative management on USAID-funded projects to achieve project objectives is required.
- Must possess strong understanding of USAID financial policies and regulations.
- Strong financial management, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting are necessary. QuickBooks experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Thai Labor Laws, Social Insurance, and Personnel Benefit Packages.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in Thai and English.
Location of work: Bangkok
Application deadline: September 29, 2017
All applicants are to submit a cover letter detailing their desire for the position, their CV and references to Ms. Darin Kongkasuriyachai, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.