Organization : Shoklo Malaria Research Unit (SMRU)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Sep 2017
View : 1490
Deadline : 30 / September / 2017
Job title: Logistic Manager
Probation: SMRU can terminate employment at 3 months if performance inadequate.
The Shoklo Malaria Research Unit (SMRU) is a field station attached to the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand. It is part of the Mahidol Oxford Research Unit (MORU) which is a collaborative effort between Mahidol and Oxford Universities, and is part-funded by a UK charity, the Wellcome Trust. SMRU’s aims are to: i) Treat and care for patients with malaria. ii) Undertake research into malaria in this area in order to determine the best methods of prevention and treatment. iii) To advise on the treatment and the control of malaria in the South East Asia region and more widely.
Since 2009, SMRU is engaged also in Tuberculosis program with activities on active and passive case findings, diagnosis and treatment of TB patients with updated protocol and best quality of care in full cooperation with national programs and other stakeholders
The post holder will be based at SMRU office in Maesot. They may occasionally be a requirement to work at the migrant clinics depend on the situation.
Report to: Administration Manager
Staff under supervision: 2 Logistic Officers, Transportation Officer, 2 Logistic assistant
- Serves as primary focal point for all logistics issues.
- Works with all SMRU departments and sites to support all logistic requirements are addressed in timely manner.
- Design and/or review the deployment of logistics team to address SMRU requirements.
- Supervise and manages all SMRU’s logistic team performance to ensure on time & cost effective support in terms of logistic needs to SMRU’s as a whole.
- Ensure SMRU’s logistics needs; Supply Chain, Transportation, Communication, Infrastructure, Construction and Sanitation are addressed across all departments/programs and sites
- Analyzing the logistics network to find optimal solutions balancing cost & effective operation.
- Ensure logistic works performed smoothly and meet the standard of procedures.
- Assists other tasks as requested by the unit.
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Comprehensive job related experience in logistic.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard logistics techniques, procedures, criteria, and data.
- Able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by the unit.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Proficient with computer skill such as: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Well understand Thai-Myanmar border sensitivity and situation
- Experience of managing logistics operations and supply chain
- Experience of transportation planning and management
- Experienc in sanitation management
- Fluency in Thai, English and Karen
- Experience of managing teams
- Able to work under pressure
- Current driving license – minimum three year
- Fluency in Burmese is an asset
Interested persons should send a resume to:
SMRU/HR Department 68/30 Ban Tung Road, Mae Sot, Tak Province 63110 Tel.055-532 026 or Send email to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : email@example.com Tel.055-532 026