Senior Human Resources Officer
Location of work: Bangkok
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract with renewable
Application deadline: 29 September 2017
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: To ensure an effectiveness overall day-to-day implementation of Human Resource tasks and related tasks; New staff’s on-boarding process, Visa & Work permit, Camp pass, Staff contract management, Personnel file document control, Staff Timesheet & Leave tracking and Staff training record and other related HR administrative task. To provide Human Resource professional services to Bangkok and necessary support to HR in field offices; Mae Hong Son, Mae Sot and Ratchaburi office. To provide HR support which is efficient, transparent, equitable and workable.
Staff On-boarding and staff contract Management
- Contact newly hired staff to prepare and follow up on new hired documents
- Coordinate with IT for staff’s email set-up, termination and changes
- Announce new coming to related key stakeholders in preparing necessities
- Prepare orientation schedule/orientation kit and IRC card for new hire
- Keep probation tracking and follow up with staff’s supervisor
- Prepare employment contract for new staff and staff contract renewal with accurate data.
Visas & Work Permits
- Prepare invitation letters for non-immigrant visa applications for newly hired staff, IRC visitors and other individuals.
- Prepare visa applications and escort expatriates to the Thai Immigration Office for visa extensions.
- Maintain updated expatriate/dependents’ visa status and related information.
- Prepare visa & work permit application requests to Ministry of Interior (MOI).
- Plan and conduct consultations for visa & work permit for staff in field offices.
- Prepare work permit documents for new applications/renewals and escort expatriates to Ministry of Labor (MOL).
- Consolidate the IRC staff monthly travel plan report and submit to people concerned.
- Prepare payment request for all work related travel/visa extension/work permit renewal/camp pass application – photos and all related.
- Build close relationships with staff and Thai authorities; Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration office in central Bangkok and district level official
- Prepare monthly camp pass applications for staffs, visitors, donor and other individuals who plan to work and visit refugee camps along the Thailand-Myanmar border.
- Prepare annual camp pass applications for staffs based in Thailand.
- Participate in CCSDPT (Committee for Coordination of Services to Displaced Persons in Thailand) and MOI meetings related to new rules and regulations for NGOs on implementation and collaboration requirements with Thai authorities when required.
Staff Training and Development
- Support on related staff training i.e. Coordinate with outsourced training company.
- Update and maintain Training record for Thailand staff and coordinate with HR field office to gather the training data.
Staff Timesheet/Leave Tracking
- Follow up on all complete timesheets and maintain records of leave taken in system and Excel spreadsheets
- Maintain organized filing system. Follow up on timesheets requiring corrections.
- Update the leave record of staff both national and expatriate staff and send the report to Finance Department as per their request
- Prepare the Leave reports as per request by relevant Directors, HR Manager and HR Coordinator/Lead
Personnel file Documents Controls
- Prepare, update and ensure the accuracy of employee personnel file
- Make the necessary copies and ensure accurate distribution of the documents to the people concerned
- Check that documents are in order in terms of document title, document no., revision no., description and progress status.
- Maintain and ensure staff personnel data in workday system is correct and updated in timely manner.
- Update leave of absence in workday system
- Update visa and work permit record
Administration and other responsibilities
- Facilitate annual health check-up and ensure the arrangements for national staff are made in a timely manner
- Prepare a letter of employment
- Maintain all HR files, folders and related documents in proper conditions
- Correspondence to routine employee HR enquiries
- Perform other HR duties as assigned by HR Manager and HR Coordinator/Lead.
- Represent IRC positively and professionally in both internal and external relations and situations
- Keep HR information private and confidential at all times.
- Coordinate with each field HR staff and assists them in solving the problems that concerned in HR matters to run the work smoothly and effectively.
- Motivate good relationship among the employees, develop a pleasant working environment and making staff feel that this organization is the preferred employer.
- Bachelor degree in HR Management, Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum 3 years work experience in Human Resources and demonstrated experience in handling visa and work permit.
- Experience in a non-profit organization and international environment is preferable.
- Good knowledge in Thai labor law, immigration law and legal concern
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent multi-tasking and organized skills
- Excellent follow-up skills and deadline oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good team player, Ability to work well under pressure and can work independently
- Positive attitude and excellent service mind
- Computer proficient and demonstrate skills in database management and record keeping
Language Skills: Excellent in English communication of speaking, listening and writing
Working Environment: Based in IRC Bangkok office, available to travel to field offices when required.
How to Apply: Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact : Thailand.HR@Rescue.org/022557025