Organization : Jesuit Refugee Service
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Sep 2017
View : 2467
Deadline : 30 / September / 2017
Position: Programme Officer
Office: Country Office
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Country Director, JRS Thailand
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in over 50 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term wellbeing of refugees and displaced people, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. JRS offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining a realistic and localised scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, etc.
In Thailand, JRS manages four programmes spread throughout urban and rural areas serving refugees and asylum seekers. JRS Thailand has field offices in Bangkok and Mae Hong Son. The main areas of work include education, psycho-social services, emergency assistance, and advocacy. For more information about JRS in Asia Pacific and Thailand, visit: http://www.jrsap.org.
JRS Thailand Country Office
The JRS Thailand Country Office in Bangkok provides operational and programmatic oversight and support to four programmes and project teams in Thailand. Operational support includes: human resources; administrative services; and financial administration. Programmatic support includes: strategic planning; proposal development; project design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting; advocacy and networking; capacity building and training. In addition, the JRS Thailand Country Office coordinates and works closely with the JRS Asia Pacific Regional Office, which is responsible for fundraising and donor relations as well as overall support and oversight of JRS Thailand.
The Thailand Programme Officer is responsible for coordinating and supporting all aspects of programming within JRS Thailand. The Thailand Programme Officer is based in the Country Office but periodically visits the projects in Thailand and Myanmar for cross-border activities. The Thailand Programme Officer works closely with Country and Project Directors within JRS Thailand as well as with JRS partner agencies and the JRS Regional Office. The Thailand Programme Officer reports directly to the Country Director and provides overall support and assistance to the Country Director to develop programmes/projects according to the guidelines of JRS.
Coordination of programmes work of JRS Thailand
• Effectively manage all aspects of programmes to ensure the achievement of stated project goals and objectives
• Support Country Director and Project Directors in project management including strategic planning, decision-making, programme development and implementation, and problem solving
• Coordinate, review, and prepare proposals and reports according to JRS standards and donor-related requirements
• Develop, document and monitor criteria and methodology of JRS programme guidelines
• Coordinate and support monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure quality service to people served
• Keep track of projects undertaken in Thailand and maintain up-to-date project files
• Train staff on Project Cycle Management, reporting, and writing
• Periodically visit and encourage staff in the projects, and provide relevant training and tools for implementation of the projects
Support and communication
• Follow-up on meetings of Country Director as requested
• Communicate regularly with the Country Director, reporting on all issues and developments regarding programmes for JRS Thailand
• Prepare and coordinate for the response of Country Director relating with the Donor Compliance
• Participate and act as a resource person in country, regional and international meetings as requested
• Participate in networking and partner meetings as assigned by the Country Director
• Review articles, brochures, etc. giving information related to the programmes
• Keep informed about programmatic issues and other issues in the country, e.g. political, economic, social, security, etc.
• Programme quality
• Listening and dialogue
• Working with stakeholders
Work with the Country and Regional Office teams
• Work with the Country Office team to coordinate all programming and capacity building efforts
• Work with the Country Office team to ensure the fulfilment of all donor requirements
• Maintain close working relations, communications, and coordination with the Regional Office team
Qualifications & Experience:
• Advanced University Degree in Development Studies, Humanitarian, Economics or Sociology.
• Compatibility with the vision-mission, values and approach of JRS
• Minimum of three years of experience working with refugees/displaced people and an affective commitment and compassion to serve them
• Experience in working overseas, especially in Asia, in emergency/development programmes, managing large scale projects
• Experience in writing proposals and reports, preparing budgets and successful in sourcing for funds and an ability to meet deadlines
• Thai national
• Fluency in spoken English with excellent drafting skills; knowledge of a second language will be an asset
• Demonstrated experience of the international aid sector and understanding of project cycle management
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), email, etc.
• Demonstrated ability and experience of working in a multi-cultural work environment
• Willingness to work and travel to the projects in difficult areas and live a simple lifestyle
• Demonstrated ability to train others
This position offers a competitive salary with insurance, life, health and other benefits. Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter and CV (including 3 references) and address how they satisfy the criteria described above. Applications are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application close on 30 September 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contact : email@example.com