Organization : The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Sep 2017
View : 10
Deadline : 6 / October / 2017
Location of work: 1 position in Umphang District and 1 position in Mae Sot District, Tak
Duration of Assignment: Until 31 December 2017 with a possibility of extension depending on funding and program needs
Application deadline: 6 October 2017
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Job Overview/Summary: The EMR Translation Assistant is to assist the referral of patients from camp to Thai hospital and back.
- Take care of patients at the Patient House (PH):
- Manage referrals according to IRC policy
- Follow up of patients from arrival to Thai hospital to their departure to the camp
- Inform all patients and relatives about Patient House rules and regulations and supervise that they are followed
- Register all patients upon arrival at the Patient House or Thai hospital in case of an emergency
- Daily prepare the New Patient Registration form and sent to Thai hospital
- Record Daily summary of IPD patient and sent to Senior Medical Referral Officer twice a week
- Daily patient planning
- Record of hospital information upon discharge
- Daily inform KRC the number of companion of patient who admitted at hospital
- In case of suspect infectious disease take preventive measures
- In case of victim of SGBV treat according to IRC protocol
- Check that referral documents, Lema and any other papers (laboratory etc) with which the patient arrives are correctly filled upon arrival and before departure to the camp (usually done by Thai doctor, if not Patient House responsible/supervisor to fill necessary information)
- Ensure that treatment prescribed from hospital is well transmitted to the patient and camp medical team
- Take care and follow up of patients at Thai hospital:
- Make an appointment with necessary specialist for a consultation
- Organize transport to and from hospital for patients in coordination with IRC driver
- In case of hospitalization arrange administrative formalities upon admission and discharge
- Assist patients during consultation, follow up and hospitalization
- Visit daily hospitalized patients
- Be aware of the patient diagnose and follow all tests that are being administered by Thai doctors in order to inform Clinical Manager/ Senior Medical Referral Officer and avoid too many tests or too long hospitalization
- Accompany two times a week Clinical Manager/ Senior Medical Referral Officer during hospital visits
- In case of an unexpected medical development inform on time Senior Medical Referral Officer.
- Act as a translator for patients/IRC doctors/hospital staff in Karen (Burmese)/Thai/English
- Make sure patient follows the treatment prescribed while in hospital or PH
- Coordinate with IRC Referral Officer for patients who need to refer to Chiang Mai hospital
- Additional responsibilities
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Take night and weekend shifts according to planning done by Health Program Officer
- Respond to emergency situations, when necessary
- Follow that Patient House assets are in good condition
- Notify Health Program Officer in case of need of maintenance in the Patient House or material supply
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisors and/or line manager.
Work Experience and/or Demonstrated Abilities
· High school or Nurse or other medical background.
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Experience in an NGO is an asset.
- Ability to work in low-resource settings.
· Strong coordination and communication skills
· Working knowledge of Thai, English, Karen and/or Burmese
How to Apply: Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact : Thailand.HR@Rescue.org/022557025