JOB TITLE: BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year with possible extension
Save the Children International are the world's leading independent organisation for children. Save the Children in Thailand has doubled its portfolio, built a Program Development and Quality unit and opened its field offices in Mae Sot, Phang-Nga and Pattani. The Country Office is implementing all programs with partners, and responds to multiple small and medium-scale emergencies each year, including the current Andaman Sea Crisis. Save the Children in Thailand is positioned as a leader in refugee and migrant education, is influential in protection related policies and action plans, and has launched a new road safety program, the “7% Project.”
Save the Children is currently looking for skilled, dynamic and self-motivated persons to fill in the position of BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator
BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of Basic Education Support towards Transition (BEST) and Preparing for Reintegration through Education and Participative Solutions (PREPS) project located in Measot District, Tak province, Thailand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Maesot Senior Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 2
Direct: BEST Sr. Education Project officer and Education officer
Role Dimensions: BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator works with PDQ team especially Education Specialist, INGO partners, UN agencies, CCSDPT members as well as CBOs working on education in the refugee camps
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Partnership Management and Support
Representation and coordination (internal and external)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in relevant qualification in Education.
· Five years professional working experience, development sector preferred
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English.
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
· Ability and willingness to travel frequently domestically (including to remote areas), and internationally as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Demonstrated skills, experience (at least three years), and knowledge in project management development sector, specific experience in education strongly preferred
· Demonstrated experience in managing a small team to deliver project outcomes
· Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control.
· Knowledge of education technical issues such as teacher training, curriculum development, assessment preferred.
· Ability to analyse information, and to document and report.
· Ability to, and experience of, delivering training in education related issues
· An in-depth understanding of context of the migration and refugees with experience working along the Myanmar border preferred.
· Significant experience working and building relationships with government officials and local partners.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
|SCI offer competitive National package; transportation allowance, communication allowance, 13th month salary & annual leave 20 days, etc.|
Closing date for submissions: 24 September 2017
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter and comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
Address : มูลนิธิกองทุนไทย 2044/23 ถนนเพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ เขตห้วยขวาง กทม. 10310
Phone : 02-3144112-3, 02-3183959
Fax : 02-7181850
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
website : www.thaingo.org
นายอัฎธิชัย ศิริเทศ : บรรณาธิการ
เบอร์ติดต่อ : 082-178-3849
นายทศพร แกล้วการไร่ : เจ้าหน้าที่เทคนิค
เบอร์ติดต่อ : 080-078-4016
Laksanaphorn Prakobdee : For English
เบอร์ติดต่อ : 063-847-3261
Email : email@example.com