Organization : IUCN
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 Sep 2017
View : 206
Deadline : 20 / September / 2017
Information Technology Assistant
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, is seeking a qualified individual to join our Asia Regional Office.
This is a local recruitment. Only Thai nationals, individuals with residence status or the appropriate employment visa for Thailand are eligible to apply. The remuneration and benefits package for this position is established with reference to the local labour market and in line with the IUCN conditions of service for Thailand.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will support the IT Manager and is responsible for implementing, supporting, monitoring, and managing end-user computing systems and services required to support the ARO as well as all other IUCN’s Secretariat out-posted, regional, country offices and special events and Congresses by participating in the Global IUCN “follow-the-sun” support approach. Responsible for planning, acquisition, implementation, maintenance, support and administration of standard PCs (laptops, desktops), tablets, mobile phones, VoIP phones, videoconferencing, printers, hardware, software, network equipment and peripherals across ARO’s IUCN offices and administrating the daily IT reports and functions; and assist in meeting the needs of the users.
The IT Assistant installs, maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades computer hardware and software, personal computer networks, and peripheral equipment. The incumbent is also expected to assess user training needs, train users in effective use of applications, and provide user assistance to IUCN ARO staff. The IT Assistant ensures that all support tickets raised across ARO’s offices through IUCN’s Service Portal are answered according to priorities. He/she will perform related work as required including maintaining proper documentation. Main duties will consist of desktop support with emphasis on PC installation and troubleshooting user issues. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to provide support on procurement activities as may be needed; such includes requiring knowledge of IUCN procurement rules to assist in development of procurement plans and processes.
Information Management Services
• Develop and contribute to the development of End-user computing in the Union’s Secretariat, software acquisition and application enhancement, in support of Projects and Programme implementation within the ARO’s IUCN regional operations and special events.
• Plan, manage and provide client support services related to Microsoft office applications, PC operations, standard global computing image and special software set-ups, training and troubleshooting for IUCN ARO and remote users. Ensures that all relevant Service Portal’s support ticket are resolved to end user satisfaction.
• Evaluate client needs and service efficiency and effectiveness as part of on-going IT management for IUCN ARO’s offices. Interface with end-users and the Global Information Systems group to propose highly usable solutions integrated globally in order that IUCN’s Secretariat can benefit from the productivity gains offered by technology.
Information and Finance Integration Support
• Use relevant modules of electronic system “ERP”
• Process Information Systems (IS) procurement requisitions through the Admin Portal system
• Maintain inventory of IUCN’s ARO non consumable IS assets
• Work with finance and other colleagues to undertake physical stock taking of IS inventory at least twice a year
• Work with finance on reconciliation of IS inventory items as well as disposals and write-off when required, ensuring that disposed assets are properly removed from the Global Active Directory where relevant.
• Plan, organize and manage the end-user computing devices (hardware and software) infrastructure for the ARO’s IUCN offices in coordination with the Global Information Systems’ Technology & Service Delivery Group.
• Plan, setup and maintain IUCN ARO PCs, tablets, phone, videoconferences hardware, including hardware, software, backup, anti-virus, configuration, standard image(s); and desktop, PCs, laptops, and printers.
• Plan, set up and maintain standard client, MS Office application, installation on LAN using SCCM, desktops, laptop, and provide end-user support and training on applications as well as on support processes.
• Ensure software compliance for all end-user devices within ARO’s IUCN offices, ensure security threats can be identified and stopped. Report any incident to Global Information Sytems Group.
• Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using the global standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
• Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
• Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems, escalate where necessary to the relevant Global Information Systems team via Service Portal ticketing system; makes repairs and corrections where required; removing obstacles to the network’s successful delivery, adoption and use; maintaining at all times the focus of the network on the agreed scope, outcomes and benefits
• Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems/issues (e.g. complaints about the site, dealing with staff identified problem) with equipment and data; staff a centralized help desk to facilitate exchange of information and advice via the Service Portal knowledge base; sharing experience and problems/solutions to real application problems; broadening understanding of needs, roles and responsibilities of various issue / staff; fostering collaboration; implement solutions or notify outsource providers as required
• Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
• Assists in instructing IUCN ARO staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.
• Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary, formation and promotion of new ideas and identification of potential areas for further exploration and also discussions in an formal/informal and international settings
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• Provide assistance in various stages of the procurement process as and when required, such as preparation of RFP/RFQ/ITBs, solicitation and sourcing, contract administration, disbursement and contract closure, among others;
• Establish and maintain a database of vendors and suppliers and update contract values and performance
• Assist in preparing purchase orders and dispatching invoices to Finance
• Monitor internal inventories of assets and supplies and ensure appropriate actions are taken for timely re-orders
• Assist in physical verification of office equipment
• Assist in conducting market research for identification of vendors and suppliers when required
• Maintain electronic copies of procurement-related documents
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 20 September 2017
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.