Organization : Amnesty International Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 6 Sep 2017
View : 1610
Deadline : 2 / October / 2017
Purpose of the Job: The Head of Campaigns oversees Amnesty International Thailand’s campaign strategy and manages the implementation of programs and projects of the Campaigns team. He/she is responsible for ensuring that Amnesty’s campaigns have a strong activist component and designed to have maximum impact. He/she line manages the staff under the Campaigns team, ensures proper coordination with other internal teams and IS/SEAPRO colleagues, and nurtures partnership work with other organizations. He/she must have the ability to initiate new and innovative tactics and techniques, capitalize on advocacy and movement-building specialists, and identify and foster opportunities for partnership and co-operation.
Key aspects of the role:
1. Leading strategic and creative campaigns at international and national level, linked with Amnesty International regional and global campaigns.
2. Demonstrable experience in the whole campaign lifecycle - from identifying issues to undertaking impact assessment.
3. Expert understanding of political and human rights context within Thailand as well as regional and global human rights issues and trends.
4. Proven ability to get the best out of people is vital, whether that is through coaching, mentoring, capacity building or training.
5. Knowing how to adjust priorities, hit deadlines and adapt to fast-changing environments.
6. Excellent external representational skills. Above all, you will have the collaborative and creative approach needed to generate campaigns that resonate and get results.
7. Managing cross-functional teams and able to lead the team to see the overall goal of campaigns.
8. Assessing indicators and monitoring impact of the campaigns and the organization as a whole.
8.1 Oversee and supervise the work of activism program to supporting the campaign themes, recruited and engagement of activists.
8.2 Oversee and supervise the work of Policy and Advocacy program.
9. Develop an assessment tool for project monitoring and evaluation.
10. Collaborate with the Fundraising department, ensuring joint actions and activities meet with the organization’s goal of increasing members and fundraising income within Thailand
11. Work as assigned by supervisors
• Strong knowledge of political and human rights context within Thailand derived from direct experience working within the country
• Strong knowledge of international human rights framework;
• Substantial experience developing and delivering campaign strategies at local and international levels; excellent understanding of strategic campaign methodologies, power/political analysis and other campaign development tools;
• Proven demonstrable and successful experience of effective project management, including preparing operational plans.
• Proven experience of managing staff and managing a budget;
• Ability to precisely communicate inside the organization as well as at external meetings, media work and campaign occasions;
• Good knowledge of campaign management and campaign for advocacy purposes
• Good understanding of activist mobilization methods, tools and techniques, both online and offline.
• Ability to use participatory approaches and methodologies when working with AI staff and others;
• Understanding and experience of complex partnership management involving multi-layered stakeholders.
• Understanding and experiences of monitoring of implementation, campaign evaluation, impact assessment and learning;
• Strong strategic thinking capacity;
• Excellent public speaking, writing and editing skills in Thai and English,
• Excellent political judgment skills in politically complex analyses and situations;
• Understanding and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
A cover letter indicating how you meet the key requirements and updated CV are including three referees should be sent by 1 Oct 2017 to email@example.com
---We respect all applications but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates.---
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org