Finance and Administration Director
Position Title: Finance and Administration Director
Supervisor: Chief of Party
Type of Appointment: Full time, local hire position
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Finance and Administration Director (FAD) will be responsible for overall management of key support services related to operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, sub-grant/ subcontract financial management and monitoring, office administration, procurement functions, and human resources, and staff capacity building. The FAD will ensure that all projects managed by Pact Thailand are implemented as per contractual agreements and maintain a high standard for the quality and integrity of financial data, office and organizational policies, and ensure for the efficient and safe functioning of the office operation. The FAD will play an active role in the development and implementation of strategies and business policies.
S/he will be responsible for promoting effective communication and coordination between sections and departments within the finance and administration division and other Pact Thailand staff. S/he will also maintain effective working relationships with key partners, donors and government representatives at all levels and will represent Pact Thailand as and when required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff Management/Human Resources
- Provide regular support and supervision to staff under direct line management.
- Build the technical and managerial capacity of staff under direct line management and delegate tasks for the efficient performance of activities.
- Participate in staff recruitment, induction planning and formulation of staff personal development plans
- Ensure HR & personnel policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Pact global policies and Thailand labor law.
- Oversee the process of employment contracts and manage dismissals, and ensure personnel & recruitment files are kept up-to-date, secure and confidential.
- General Financial Management
- Establishes proper financial management systems and processes that provide accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions for Pact Thailand.
- Monitor Pact Thailand’s annual budgets and long-term financial projections and make analysis available to relevant staff as determined by the Pact Country Director
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring Pact Thailand liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and planning for timely preparation and replenishment for partners and others.
- Supervise Pact Thailand’s computerized financial management and accounting system. Expected to keep abreast of developments in accounting and financial management software and practices.
- Ensure the cooperation of the Finance Department with other departments/units and to prepare realistic financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing
- Update Pact Thailand financial policy and accounting procedures and ensure they are in line with the standard Pact Country Office Accounting Manual.
- Subgrants / Subcontracts Financial Management
- In collaboration with program staff and DC office Agreement Management, design, develop and adapt policies, guidelines and criteria for the management of the subgrants/subcontracts portfolio using Pact’s Global standards taking into account the conditions and constraints of Thailand and other country in the region
- In collaboration with the relevant staff, support the development of criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals to be funded
- Ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to Pact staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments (i.e. cash advances), obligations, awards and liquidations, to support efficient accountable grant implementation.
- Office Administration, Logistical and Procurement Management
- Oversees management of all office premises, expatriate housing and vehicles, if any.
- Ensure Administration, procurement and property management policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Pact global policies.
- Oversees the visa, immigration, travel requirements, and logistical arrangement for international visitors.
- Oversees the negotiation, with the cooperation of appropriate staff, acquisition funding mechanisms, including consultant agreements, contracts, purchase orders and other agreements necessary for programmatic activities and functioning of the office.
- Oversee and ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of the office information technology hardware and software.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Knowledge of US regulations applicable to grants and contracts administration.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Ability to coordinate and manage team deliverables, provide supervision and mentoring to multiple staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage and track multi-country, multi-year budgets
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills
- Ability to promote compliance with policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and flexibility
- BA/BS (or equivalent) in accounting, finance or related field. Higher degree or certification preferable.
- Minimum 8 years of comparable financial management experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in office administration, procurement and property management, and human resource management.
- Experience in financial management of USAID award and subaward a must. Experience with bilateral / multilateral donor a plus.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills.
- Absolute integrity, highest standard of ethics and trustworthiness
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to Pact Thailand Human Resources Unit via email@example.com by 11 September 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.