Logistics and Security Officer(Re-announcement)
TITLE: Logistics and Security Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year with possible extension
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Logistics and Security Officer is employed to ensure smooth Sub-office operation and safety and security management, with good delivery of logistics and administration support to the programme in the Deep South of Thailand.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Pattani Senior Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 3
Direct: Admin & Logistic assistant, Driver, Maid
Indirect : Logistics and Administration Manager – Bangkok office
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Logistic & stock management
- Assist the Senior Field Coordinator and the team to ensure the timely, efficient and effective delivery on Logistic and administration support.
- To facilitate filing of purchase requests, purchase orders, bid analysis, other procurement related documents (both hard copies and e-copies) to comply with documentation requirements for reporting/donor compliance.
- Responsible for communicating with suppliers in order to get quotes, specifications and quality information. Ensure that due consideration is given to delivery scheduling and conditions including , lead time to delivery, guarantees, packing, transportation, quality, penalties and returns policies when required.
- Obtain written quotes from suppliers and service providers as necessary
- Ensures proper documentation of all logistic processes are follow by SCI standard
- Maintain a files, assets list or record of suppliers are up to date.
- Prepares and maintains procurement & Logs trackers weekly.
- Set up stock release in line with SCI system
Security and Safety
- Ensuring protocols and procedures are in place in the event of a security incident, from road traffic accident to other national disaster. This must include clear actions for both field and office based staff, during office and out-of-office hours, and includes identification of evacuation routes, and roles and responsibilities of staff.
- Security Focal Point to provide security and safety induction to all visitors to visit Deep South Field office.
- Ensure all safety equipment are in place and functional
- Monitoring staff movement including limiting or restricting movement on location and time, accounting for staff movements and providing updated overviews of daily movements activities.
- Maintaining an overview of all visitors to the field office, including contact information and residence
- Ensure that safety and security standards and policies are consistently observed, particularly with relation to facilities hotels and vehicular safety. This includes: fire, crime, earthquake and typhoon safety, vehicle maintenance check, fire extinguishers and first aid kit, safety protocols for drivers. This will require working closely with the programmes and support teams, particularly Logistics (Fleet & Assets), and Admin.
Administration & Fleet management
- Supervises Admin & Logistic assistant on administrative support on travel and accommodation to staff based in Pattani office and visitors
- Oversee Admin & Logistic assistant on day to day management of the fleet assigned to area of operation.
- Work closely with driver and rental car drivers on the safety and security matters
- Ensure driver(s) and all staffs comply with all Save the Children safety and security regulations
- Other duties assigned by the Pattani Field Coordinator and as and when required
- Maintain, compile and update all staff lists, directories, organizational charts/ organogram, and information sheets, ensuring that relevant information is shared timely;
- Prepare and provide some documentations relevant national staff leavers/joiners ;
- Management of leave records for all Pattani staff
- Coordinate with HR Officer on HR issues
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in Supply chain, Logistic, Administration)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated skills, experience (at least five years) and at least 2 year of Logistics and Administration experience in managerial
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically (including to remote areas), and internationally as assigned
- Ability to analyse information, to document and report.
- Ability to, and experience of, delivering in logistic and administrative area.
- Sound understanding of context of the Deep South
- Experience working and building relationships with local partners, supplier in the Deep South
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Proposals are to be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply Logistics and Security Officer_(Name of candidate)”
Deadline for submission of proposals 7 September 2017. The offers must be received by Save the Children by 16:00 UTC+7. The soft copy should be sent in PDF format.
Please note that any application received after the above mentioned deadline will not be evaluated and will be automatically subject to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org