Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Aug 2017
View : 1887
Deadline : 8 / September / 2017
TITLE: Award Officer
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Level 1: the post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
The purpose of this post is to ensure the programmes including emergency responses adhere to all grant management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. The position will also function as a key liaison and support point for the programme in relation to grant management. Providing support for the Award Manager, the Award Officer will be responsible for donor reports and the upkeep of all internal systems relating to donor budgets. This role holds ultimate responsibility for the tasks outlined below with support from Finance, Program Development and Quality (PDQ), and Programme Implementation (PI) teams.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Award Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Indirect : None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support the Award Manager in compiling data and updates on our programs’ performance to share with donors
Grants Administration and Grants Tools
- Maintain Award Management System (AMS) filing and any additional digital and hard copy files that are necessary in a clear and user-friendly system. Be the focal point for AMS within the Thailand team, ensuring all approvals and files are timely.
- Ensure that programme staff, particularly the budget holders, and finance staff are aware of accountabilities/compliance to donors.
- Ensure that donor budgets are allocated accurately based on indicators and eligibilities. Review and update costing regularly with Logistics and Field teams.
- Maintain updated budgeting tools to allow for efficient and comprehensive proposal budgeting.
- As assigned by the Award Manager, lead in facilitating proposals, including development of a work plan, facilitation of proposal kick-offs, and tracking of the work flow and deliverables.
- Ensure that proposal budgets comply with donors’ formats as well as prepare an internal version for programming (Account Code Mapping) relating this with the SC Master Budget
- Ensure that donor reporting schedules are tracked and required quality is met, maintaining a good quality score on our reporting KPIs.
- Work with the PDQ and PI teams to facilitate narrative reports and finance team for financial reports, developing clear work flows and tracking for accountability. Build PI staff and partners’ capacity to compile high-quality, timely reports.
- Finalize financial reports in donors’ formats together with the budget holders and the finance team.
- With support from Finance, produce additional reports if necessary as requested from donors (e.g., liquidation of advance, projected disbursement, form 269A, projections for the next quarter).
- Identify necessary adjustments in financial reports and inform finance.
Budget Monitoring and Management
- With support from Award Manager, ensure that regular training on budget management for staff so that PI are familiar with donor budget and financial requirements, especially for new donors.
- Facilitate monthly budget vs. actual reviews, providing compliance feedback and alerting the Award Manager to any issues to be flagged to donors/members.
- Ensure that Save the Children makes timely transfer requests to donors.
- With support from Award Manager, negotiate with Save the Children members (account holders) and the donors for necessary adjustments, providing evidence and clear plans for any necessary amendments.
- Work closely with Finance and PI to ensure that required documents are kept systematically and available for audit. These may include, but not limit to, ledger, contracts, work plans, policies and procedures, HR documents, timesheets, inventory, fixed assets register and documents for physical stock count sheet, financial report and budgets.
- Work closely with Finance to liaise with auditors during audit preparation time for support required
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai National
- Bachelor degree in business or economics or related field
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, financial systems). Strong command of Ms Excel.
- Patient, flexible, able to improvise and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages. Good command of English.
- Ability to multi-task. Work well under tight deadline and pressure
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 year experience either as in grants or budget management in an NGO (local or international)
- Experience drafting, monitoring and revising grants budget
- Experience of coordinating with donors
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- Experience of budget development and management
- Experience of donor reporting and liaison
- Good attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Close date for submissions: September 8th, 2017
Submissions should be addressed to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Award Officer_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org