Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 24 Aug 2017
View : 1929
Deadline : 31 / August / 2017
TITLE: BEST/PREPS Project Education Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
|CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year||
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
In the context of preparations for convergence to Myanmar, support the implementation of the BEST/PREPS project through provision of intensive education assistance to refugee trainers, teachers, and partners; provide project management support to the BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator, including planning, technical input, monitoring, reporting and joint implementation of activities with partners.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: No
Budget Responsibilities: No
Role Dimensions: In the context of preparations for convergence to Myanmar, support the implementation of the BEST/PREPS project through provision of intensive education assistance to refugee trainers, teachers, and partners; provide project management support to Coordinator, including planning, technical input, monitoring, reporting and joint implementation of activities with partners.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Collect and analyse relevant and accurate data related to education project implementation
· Provide input for BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator for project and organisational reports
· Ensure project compliance processes related to finance and documentation are maintained
· Collaborate with the project team to provide input into yearly project plan and review process
· Act as liaison with partners: KRC, KRCEE, KnED, RTP, JRS and ADRA
· Collaborate with KRCEE, OCEE and RTP in the areas of teacher training planning, materials development, delivery and reporting
· Provide administrative support for KRCEE for implementation of their activities
· Carry out monitoring of partner: Right to Play (RTP) and KnED Teacher training activities
· Provide support for additional training and resources for partners, as needed
· Play an active role in training KRCEE and OCEE administrators
· Provide input into quarterly financial planning and budget phasing
· Ensure that cash advances are reconciled as per Save the Children’s policies and procedures
· Ensure that project management reporting tools are updated and monitored on a regular basis: Issue Log, Monitoring Action Tracker (MAT)
· Support the BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator to update and submit the Issue Log, Action Tracker (MAT) and Project Action Tracker in a timely manner
· Ensure that monthly work plans are developed and accompanying documents are submitted on time (TAR etc)
· Collect and provide relevant and accurate data related to education project
· Attend regular sector education meetings and report outcomes
· Provide administrative support as required by the BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator
Education quality support
Ensure education quality via the following:
· Provide intensive technical education support to KRCEE Core Teacher Trainers and OCEE camp based Resident Teacher Trainers, through capacity building activities, and 1:1 mentoring
· Provide intensive technical education support for Pre-service and In-service Teacher Training program and regular weekly camp based teacher support sessions through capacity building activities, and 1:1 mentoring
· Undertake regular observation and monitoring of trainers and teachers in the nine camps to assist in the planning and delivery of lessons, and compliance with established education frameworks
· Provide input into the Development of teaching / learning materials and tools (teacher subject guides, ToT training program) for seven KRCEE camps, and monitor implementation
· Collaborate with BEST/PREPS and MEAL teams to develop appropriate evaluation an monitoring tools are developed, and ensure all tools are implemented in the field
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Thai Nationality
· Bachelor degree in education (Primary preferred) or related field, e.g. development education
· Demonstrated high achievement, good team player, self – directed
· Proven ability to work independently
· Demonstrated project co-ordination and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated administrative skills
· Ability and willingness to work in a remote area and travel domestically and
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Ability and experience in delivering education-focussed training or teacher training
· Experience in financial administration
· At least 3 years professional working experience in development education management, human resource development or other related fields
· Knowledge of education systems in Thailand, Myanmar, and refugee camps
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to speak and write English and Karen languages
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Close date for submissions: August 31th, 2017
Submissions should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for BEST/PREPS Project Education Officer_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
Contact : email@example.com