Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 22 Aug 2017
View : 1733
Deadline : 5 / September / 2017
JOB TITLE: BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Maesot Field Office
Type of Contract:
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of Basic Education Support towards Transition (BEST) and Preparing for Reintegration through Education and Participative Solutions (PREPS) project located in Measot District, Tak province, Thailand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Maesot Senior Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 2
Direct: BEST Sr. Education Project officer and Education officer
Budget Responsibilities: Budget holder for BEST and PREPS Projects
Role Dimensions: BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator works with PDQ team especially Education Specialist, INGO partners, UN agencies, CCSDPT members as well as CBOs working on education in the refugee camps
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Partnership Management and Support
Representation and coordination (internal and external)
– NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, UN agencies and government counterparts;
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Thai Nationality
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in relevant qualification in Education.
· Five years professional working experience, development sector preferred
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English.
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
· Ability and willingness to travel frequently domestically (including to remote areas), and internationally as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Demonstrated skills, experience (at least three years), and knowledge in project management development sector, specific experience in education strongly preferred
· Demonstrated experience in managing a small team to deliver project outcomes
· Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control.
· Knowledge of education technical issues such as teacher training, curriculum development, assessment preferred.
· Ability to analyse information, and to document and report.
· Ability to, and experience of, delivering training in education related issues
· An in-depth understanding of context of the migration and refugees with experience working along the Myanmar border preferred.
· Significant experience working and building relationships with government officials and local partners.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Close date for submissions: 5 September 2017
Submissions should be addressed to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply BEST/PREPS Project Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org