Organization : Amnesty International Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 22 Aug 2017
View : 2011
Deadline : 22 / September / 2017
Amnesty International Thailand (AI Th) is the movement of ordinary people who take action to promote and protect human rights in Thailand and worldwide. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to build and lead a new fundraising programme and make a real contribution to the global human rights movement
Overall purpose of job: To be responsible for the management an activist program of Amnesty International Thailand which supporting the campaign themes. Coordinating and provide training and support to activists. The activism coordinator reports to Head of campaign and coordinator and works closely with policy advocacy coordinator and media and communication coordinator, the activism AI International Team and other staff and volunteers.
• Providing research work and support for Human Right Defender and Refugee Campaign such as gathering information, documents and rewriting information to public;
• Editing, translating, interpreting, and formatting materials such as reports, briefing papers, multimedia, and web content;
• Attend Human Rights Education classes;
• Working on Activism database;
• Mapping Potential Amnesty Clubs that could happen in the near future;
• Combining information for human rights education for different levels to use in class;
• Working on Write for Rights preparation work;
• Providing administrative support such as taking minutes at meetings, preparing for events, and internal meeting, scheduling;
• Carrying out other duties as requested;
- An undergraduate student, a bachelor Degree in Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, or Media and Communication
- Bilingual proficiency in Thai is required. Full professional proficiency in English is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing skill in Thai and/or English is required.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and ability to work well as a team member are required.
- Ability to work well on multiple tasks under pressure is required.
- Commitment to Amnesty International’s mission and principles is required.
- Strong interest in human rights, social justice, and public policy is highly desirable.
- Availability to travel out of Bangkok and working outside office hours are required.
- Candidate with ability for producing media work such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator is an extra qualification
Contracts: 3 months or longer
Salary: Pay for transportation
Number of position: 2
Application Procedures: A Cover letter with an updated CV should be sent by 22 September 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
--We respect all applications but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates.--
Contact : email@example.com