Organization : AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL INTERNATIONAL SECRETARIAT (AIIS)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 Jul 2017
View : 2054
Deadline : 24 / July / 2017
To assist in the development and implementation of research, campaigning and communication strategies in the Southeast Asia and Pacific Regional Office by monitoring developments; managing information and communications systems; drafting and assisting in the productions of documents; participating in the coordination of the work of the team and providing the office with administrative and other related support including in relation to field work and response to crisis.
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL PURPOSE: The International Secretariat, which operates from a number of sites around the world, gathers and communicates accurate and action-oriented human rights information globally. We campaign for meaningful human rights change; enable effective human rights activism and work to persuade governments and other actors to uphold universal human rights standards. We provide strategic leadership, support and advice to the movement globally, fostering Amnesty International’s contribution, presence and public accountability throughout the world.
Reporting to: Deputy Director Research
Posts that this job manages: This job has no line management responsibilities but supervises team volunteers, as appropriate
Other key relationships: Researcher/s, campaigner/s, communications, growth and other programme staff, as appropriate.
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
• Assist the Southeast Asia and Pacific Regional Office in research, communication,campaigning and growth activities by gathering and managing human rights-related information, by liaising with national and local contacts, media monitoring, internet searches and manual and electronic filing in relevant databases, using relevant language(s)
• Assist with campaigning, communication, research and growth activities through the production and distribution of public and internal campaigning materials, reports and other documents, as delegated or originated by research, campaigns, communications or growth staff, including drafting, formatting, editing/proof-reading, distribution of texts and, where appropriate, coordinating the translation of documents
• Monitor and maintain a broad overview of relevant political and human rights developments
• Act as a point of contact for internal and external interlocutors, process incoming inquiries and, as appropriate, respond to inquiries from other teams and programmes, the membership and the public. Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of field research and other relevant AI missions and travel and campaign activities; including preparing budgets, providing logistical support and solving problems
• Contribute to the team’s response during a crisis or unexpected work
• Develop, maintain and manage administrative and communications systems, including setting up new systems where necessary in support of research, campaigning and growth activities; manage files, records and other information retrieval systems where necessary within the organization’s self-servicing guidelines
• Contribute to the development of programme-wide strategies and plans for research, campaigning and growth and provide input into internal discussions on the Amnesty International’s mission, policy and organizational issues in order to increase the effectiveness of the organisation’s work
• Interview, assist with the selection of, induct, and supervise volunteers working in the team
• Participate in coordinating the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use, including through providing cover for other Programme staff as agreed with management, and participating in recruitment and other corporate tasks
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB?
• A successful RCCA will have contributed to and facilitated the development and implementation of research, campaigning and growth strategies in the team’s brief
• Success would also involve developing and maintaining effective administrative and communications systems where information directly relevant to the team’s research, campaigning and growth activities is properly gathered and easily retrievable and usable
• A successful RCCA will have contributed to the effective functioning of the team, and to the implementation of Amnesty International’s mission, upholding its values at all times
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• General knowledge of Southeast Asia and the Pacific
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Understanding of and commitment to human rights issues
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communicationand campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience
• Ability to gather and process human rights-related information/material
• Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing, and communicate complex issues with sensitivity to the audience
• Experience of establishing and maintaining office systems and coordinating an efficient flow of communications and information
• Experience of information management, including the creation and maintenance of electronic databases
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Experience of managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities
• Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, solve problems and provide constructive inputs
• Experience of working in a team and understanding of the importance of efficient communications for the coordination and effective functioning of teams, including ability to supervise volunteers
• Understanding of equal opportunities, cultural diversity and gender issues as well as a commitment to apply relevant policies
CONFLICT OF INTEREST : Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
How to apply : https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/research-campaigns-and-communications-assistant---bangkok-regional-office-1975/2001/description/
Contact : Parinya.Boonridrerthaikul@amnesty.org