Marketing Communication Officer
Position title: Marketing Communication Officer (Thai Nationality only)
Directly reports to: Communications Manager, WWF-Thailand
Technically reports to: Marketing and Fundraising Manager, WWF-Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Following a strong track record of conservation delivery over the last 20 years in Thailand, WWF has established both the credibility and presence to deliver conservation impact at all levels from provincial, to national to regional.
WWF seeks to build influence and impact in Thailand by engaging strategic corporate sectors and the general public in the medium to long-term and needs targeted communications on WWF’s conservation work, examples of how WWF engages with corporations globally, core areas of engagement, and future trends.
The Marketing and Communication Officer has two key responsibilities. Firstly, s/he will build WWF’s brand with appropriate positioning in the corporate market to help deliver strategic marketing outcomes and support WWF’s corporate partnerships by managing and coordinating joint communications strategies to maintain strong and committed partnerships in the long-term. And secondly, s/he will lead in developing good impression of WWF branding with individual donors through multi-touch point communication materials to ensure long term donation with effective donor retention.
The position requires knowledge of conservation and sustainability issues, and the tenacity to keep abreast of local and global developments in conservation and sustainability and their implications on marketing and fundraising for the organization.
- Manage the communications component of WWF’s corporate partnership strategy, supporting the Corporate Relations and Marketing team
- Work with corporate partners to develop and implement joint communications strategies to support the partnership
- Build WWF’s brand in the corporate market through relevant and targeted communications with the optimal mix of above and below-the-line and online media channels
- Be WWF’s lead in coordinating and organizing events, public forums, consultations and workshops that involve the corporate sector including communication activities such as media conferences with corporate partners, aligned with WWF’s brand standards and co-branding guidelines
- Develop and manage the production of a regular newsletter, website re-position for corporate audience, and other appropriate communications channel to keep corporate partners and prospects informed of WWF’s work in the private sector, global trends in CSR, green economy, sustainability, relevant government policy, gather compelling stories of market best practice, etc.
- Work with the Conservation and Campaigns Communications team to;
- Coordinate all media requests and enquiries in a timely manner that involve the corporate sector
- Develop and/or review media releases, key messages, media FAQs, speeches, and presentations where required
- Provide support for campaigns that involve the private sector – including potential sponsorships
- Track and tabulate media exposure
- Keep current with marketing trends, innovations in media and communication techniques with good interest in conservation and sustainability subjects.
- Work with Individual Fundraising unit to create materials crucial for face-to-face fundraising both at the point of contact and afterwards.
- Working with Online Fundraising unit to create regular content for online fundraising.
- Manage external service providers, writers, creative agencies, business intelligence consultants, etc. to support corporate engagement communications
- Coordinate the timely writing, approval and submission of reports to Donors.
- Under supervision of Communications Manager and work in close relationship with Marketing and Fundraising Department and also other departments.
This JD covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- WWF Thailand and GMPO: Works closely within Communications Department and fully support Marketing and Fundraising Department. Build good relationship with Conservation project managers.
- WWF Network: Coordinates and interacts with AP Growth Strategy Team, Global Development Center and WWF International B&I Unit
- Printers, corporate partner communications/marketing staff, PR and advertising agencies, writers and journalists, business associates, business intelligence consultants, corporate prospects, international corporate associations and organizations, trusts and foundations, other NGOs and community organizations.
- Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Communications / Media / Journalism with background in ecological economics / ecological engineering with focus on Business
- Familiar with environmental sustainability and conservation issues in Thailand, the GM countries, or strong desire and ability to learn
- Knowledge of the business sector and specific companies (market intelligence) in Thailand, and in the GMR is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Thailand
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and green economy a strong plus
- 1-5 year work experience in communication and marketing accountabilities
- Experience in collateral production, marketing and PR activities, and project management are an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in online media is a strong plus
- Experience of working in international organizations
- General Skill
- Presentation and negotiating
- Facilitation and coordination
- Planning and organizational
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language
- Proficiency in MS Office, PhotoShop, Illustrator,
- Ability to work under pressure, short deadlines and extra hours if needed on assignments
- Technical Skill
- Effective research and writing skills
- Proven track record in marketing and/or fundraising within the charity and/or private sectors, including substantial experience in brand response is a plus.
- Able to think both strategically and innovatively, and translate this into delivery of results;
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, combined with the ability to work under pressure in a changing environment;
- Understanding of the charity sector, fundraising and supporter relationship management is a plus.
- Well proven financial acumen and budget management capability
- Sensitivity and empathy with the vision and values of WWF
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative, resourceful, flexible and responsive in dealing with people
- A team player
- Adaptable and willing to accept responsibility
- embrace change
- Achievement oriented
- Reliable and responsive
WWF's Mission and Values
- It is part of every staff member's terms of reference to contribute to WWF's mission:
WWF’s Mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by:
- conserving the world's biological diversity
- ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable
- reducing pollution and wasteful consumption.
- It is also part of every staff member's terms of reference to embody WWF's values, which are: Passionate and Optimistic, Challenging and Inspiring, Credible and Accountable, Persevering and Delivering Results.
How to apply : Interested candidate, please submit your motivation letter and resume stating your expected salary to email@example.com by July 31st, 2017 or submit by mail to WWF-Thailand 92/2 Soi Paholyothin 5, Paholyothin Road, Samsen nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Tel : +66 (0) 2 619 8534-7.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.wwf.or.th/what_we_do/
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Otherwise, your resume will be filed into our candidate database for future reference and consideration.