Organization : Terre des Hommes Netherlands
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 21 Apr 2017
View : 1606
Deadline : 5 / May / 2017
VACANCY FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Terre des Hommes Netherlands – Thailand Office/Myanmar
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (Earth for Mankind) is a Dutch organization founded in 1965 as a non-profit organization. Terre des Hommes Netherlands is committed to prevent child exploitation, remove children from exploitative situations and ensure these children can develop themselves in a safe environment. We aim to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children in difficult circumstances all over the world, regardless of race, faith and/or political orientation. We advocate for children's rights as laid down in the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child. .
For its country office in Bangkok, Thailand, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is currently looking for a:
Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer shall provide support to the Country Office, Programme Partners and activities directly implemented by Terre des Hommes Netherlands and will be directly responsible to the Programme Officer of Thailand and Myanmar.
Objective of the position:
To implement, coordinate, realise and evaluate the financial and administrative policy and processes concerning the programmes in the country, for executing and monitoring the planning & control cycle and for executing the AO/IC (administrative organisation and internal control) processes within the country office.
- Finance: To coordinate with the regional office on all finance related issues (programme finance including projects directly implemented at country level and office finance); To be responsible for all financial (cash and check) transactions and recordings and safekeeping of related documents; To be responsible for monthly financial reports of the country office and to upkeep books as per guidelines of the regional office and requirements of national government
- Audit: To prepare yearly plan of audit schedule for partners and submit to the regional office (RO); To coordinate audit schedule with the Programme Partners and selected Auditors; To coordinate the progress of audit and ensures timely submission of the draft and final report after country managers approval, to the regional office
- Country office administration & ICT: To assist the Country Programme Officer in day to day running of the office and office assets through use of operating systems and maintenance, administer office budget/ inventory, payment of bills/ utilities and keep files/ data bank up to date and ensure that reporting to regional office is done on time; to ensure Terre des Hommes Netherlands compliance to laws, regulations, and other statutory requirements of the government, its agencies and instrumentality; to ensure sound data administration, backup of the office files in the computer / server and ensure up to date software on computers
- Capacity building of partners: to apply Terre des Hommes tools in organisational assessment, finance and administration, M&E and capacity building and identify together with programme partners areas for further improvement on finance and administration management; to maintain good relationships with programme partners, guiding them, giving capacity building training in finance and administration and giving direction so that they improve on quality of work, sustainability of results and the desired outputs
- Personnel: To advise country- and regional office on any changes, development and policies of the government relating to employment contract and statutory benefits; To advise country- and regional office on the Certificate of Employment of regular and project staffs, as well as the Certificate of Engagement for Outsourced Service Providers, when needed
- Others: To replace the Country manager/Programme Officer during his/her absence and act on his/her behalf for signing of documents
(A detailed job description of the position is available for further details)
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Finance and/or Business Management, with at least 5 years experience
- Knowledge of Office Management, Accounting/Finance, and Information Communication Technology
- Knowledge on the NGO context and donor support systems also within the framework of government requirements and statutory compliance
- Fluent in oral and written English and Thai language, knowledge of Burmese will be an advantage
- Competent team player, conscious about different cross cultural values, gender sensitive and child focused.
This position is open for Thai nationals only.
This position is a local position for which local remuneration and secondary benefits apply.
You will be contracted for 1 year, including a three months probation period with the possibility for extension. Starting as soon as possible.
More information and application procedure
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail to the Regional Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org the latest at 5th of May, 2017. References are required and will be verified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our engagement in the aid and protection of children. All new employees are required to acquaint themselves with our Child Safeguarding Policy, sign the code of conduct upon their engagement and undergo a check criminal record.