Agriculture Programs Manager (Based in Ubonratchathani Province)
- Identity target communities and conduct feasibility assessments for potential agriculture support via agricultural cooperatives/ associations and agro- enterprises.
- Coordinate agriculture extension work with appropriate government agencies and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of agriculture projects and impact and make Position : recommendations for improvements;
- Provide regular written reports to Raks Thai’s leadership and implementing partner’s Program Manager on agriculture development activity;
- Manage and facilitate the selection process for lead farmers/lead farmer households.
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the Program
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that the agriculture program activities are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
- Troubleshoot on reporting and programmatic needs. Advise supervisor on improvements and necessities, as required;
- Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Raks Thai Foundation and its implementing partner, and to not jeopardize either’s humanitarian mission.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with the stakeholders of the project, including beneficiaries, contractors, partners, and other organizations;
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Provides high quality advise to small farmers on how to find markets within the programme area but also abroad.
- Liaise with international and local agencies as necessary.
- Work in close collaboration with implementing partner’s Program Manager in developing work plans, activity planning and reporting program achievements and developments.
- Ensure that all team members have clear monitoring and evaluation responsibilities documented in their position descriptions and that adequate time and resources are made available for a robust M&E system.
- Must participate in regular phone calls with partners in the US and regionally in South East Asia.
- Monitor and proactively track and manage project budget;
- Keep a proper filing system.
Strong background in agriculture; must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in community development, needs assessment and report writing; ability to identify and liaise with target communities; ability to make recommendations for improvement; computer and basic administrative and organizational skills; excellent spoken and written English; willingness to travel throughout the project area (Ubon Ratchathani); sincere commitment to engaging women in community agricultural initiatives.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org