Organization : UNAIDS
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 May 2014
View : 3294
Deadline : / /
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Research Assistant (RA)
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
ADB and UNAIDS RST-AP (Regional Support Team for Asia Pacific) are jointly conducting a case study on HIV in cities to demonstrate the benefits of intensified intervention and investment approach in urban areas. This study will inform urban governance bodies on how best to plan, budget and deliver health care to marginalized groups.
The Monitoring and Quality Assurance Specialist (“consultant”) [Contract S78296 RETA 6321 Fighting HIV/AIDS in Asia and the Pacific] will work on the epidemic and response analyses, includingin-depth assessment of four key cities (Bangkok, Chengdu, Chennai or Mumbai, Jakarta) on detailed response and mapping of service provision to key populations at higher risk. The results of the case study will be presented at the International AIDS Conference (IAC) in Melbourne, Australia (20-25 July 2014) and at a regional conference in Bangkok in October 2014.The results will also serve as backbone of a working paper on inclusive urban health.The consultant will subcontract a research assistant to support the intensive research work.
Scope of Work
The RA will be reporting to the consultant on a daily basis. To best support the consultant, the research assistant (RA) will be based at UNAIDS in Bangkok. She/he will also work closely with the AIDS data hub team, UNAIDS staff and consultants, and with the national counterparts.
The RA will perform the following tasks in support of the epidemic and response analyses:
• Search and consolidatedata from all possible sources e.g. data hub, partners and governments’ websites, institutional libraries, etc;
• Tabulate data into formats agreed with the consultant and UNAIDS;
• Gather, consolidate, and provide appropriate technical literatures to the consultant;
• Generate detailed worksheets and charts in formats agreed with the consultant and UNAIDS;
• Provide daily updates to the consultant, including participating in skype/telephone calls for more in-depth discussion;
• Help coordinate with the national data analysts, including follow up on data collected from the national and local levels, exchange information for accuracy, etc;
• Arrange interviews and discussions between the consultant and the stakeholders including in the 4 priority cities;
• Assist in the production of technical materials e.g. formatting of reports and presentations, printing, etc;
Experience in similar research in Thailand or other Asian countries. Proficient in English and can communicate well (oral and written). Skilled in excel, PowerPoint and other MS programs.
Tabulated data, worksheets
$3,040 (76 working days for $40 a day)
Interested applicants are requested to send their application letters and CVs to Data Hub Program Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date is 4 June 2014. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note:In case the consultant is not a current resident of Bangkok, transfer and visa requirements will be the Consultant’s own arrangements.