Organization : The Starfish Country Home School Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 26 May 2014
View : 3560
Deadline : / /
URGENTLY REQUIRED !!!
The Starfish Country Home School Foundation was registered as a non-profit organization in Thailand during March 2005. The Foundation’s principal office is located outside Maetaeng, about 45 km (27 miles) north of the city of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand.
IT and Communications Manager
1. Develop an IT strategy plan and work procedures for all SCHSF’s offices.
2. Manage information technology and computer systems.
3. Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
4. Overall responsibility for computer security.
5. Disseminate publicly available SCHSF curricula.
6. Develop and maintain SCHSF’s websites and social media channels.
7. Develop the media strategy for SCHSF’s communications plans that advance key objectives. These plans will include clear, achievable goals, target audiences, messages, tactics and timelines.
8. Draft a variety of written communications content, including but not limited to: Facebook posts, Tweets, news releases, blog posts, content for the websites, email action alerts, letters to the editor, speeches and talking points, newsletters, annual report content, magazine articles.
9. Identify engaging and professional content and visuals that reflect SCHSF’s brand on social media pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
10. Organize and help promote press conferences and other media/communications events. Fact checks and edits others’ writing with an eye to both style and content.
11. Ensure that all written communications are consistent with our organization’s values and brand identity.
12. Generate media coverage that carries our message and helps us achieve our mission on local, state, national and international levels.
13. Serve as the main point of contact for journalists, fielding inquiries and ensuring a timely response. When needed, serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
14. Respond to media-related requests and needs during the work day as well as on weekends, evenings and holidays.
15. Grow and update media contact lists, build relationships with and pitch stories to journalists and bloggers, and track media coverage of SCHSF and the issues we care about.
16. Monitor the daily news cycle to identify rapid-response opportunities to generate or influence news coverage in ways that advance our campaigns or organization.
17. Represent the organization when appropriate at external meetings and network with communications professionals.
18. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum seven years work experience in communications, Information Technology or related field.
Skills and Knowledge:
- The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Computer viruses and security
- Proficient spoken and written Thai and English.
- A fast, precise, and persuasive writer and editor with strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in non-profit sector a plus.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse audiences.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about education and children’s rights issues.
Location : Based in Bangkok
Interested candidates are invited to write in with full resume in English by 20 June 2014, stating present and expected salaries and enclosing a recent photograph or to the address below:
Human Resources Manager
Starfish Country Home School Foundation
278 Mu 10 Tambon Inthakhin
Maetaeng, Chiang Mai 50150
Only short listed candidates will be notified.